The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, JJ here. Backyard mechanic with decent skills and some schooling. Electrician by trade. I have a 2012 Altima 3.5 SR with a CVT purchased new. Just about all the scheduled maintenance has been done and the car with 118K runs and shifts perfect. I have pulled the drainplug and changed the fluid 3 times so far. I am planning for another drain and will be replacing the external filter maybe even a flush. My question is does anybody have any experience with the internal filter. As far as I know the only way to get a replacement is with a new valve body for at least $700 minimum. Does anyone know for sure that it can be cleaned? Or is this a waste of time. I don't want to drop the pan for nothing.
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, JJ here. Backyard mechanic with decent skills and some schooling. Electrician by trade. I have a 2012 Altima 3.5 SR with a CVT purchased new. Just about all the scheduled maintenance has been done and the car with 118K runs and shifts perfect. I have pulled the drainplug and changed the fluid 3 times so far. I am planning for another drain and will be replacing the external filter maybe even a flush. My question is does anybody have any experience with the internal filter. As far as I know the only way to get a replacement is with a new valve body for at least $700 minimum. Does anyone know for sure that it can be cleaned? Or is this a waste of time. I don't want to drop the pan for nothing.
Thanks for any help
Before anyone beats up on a neewb I have read the 4th gen section and numerous other websites for this information.
Maybe this is not posted in the correct section I don't know? But I have spent many hrs researching this subject. Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
The screen is bolted to the valve body. So the oil pan has to come off. If I can get that screen for the JF010E you should have no problem. Check Transtar I'm sure they would have it, and the cost should be in the $7 to $10 range, I think mine was around $8 or so.
Just checked and your car is supposed to have that same transmission.
Okay the part number for the filter screen and listed for this Transmission REOF09A/B 03-UP is this A807010 and the price a few weeks ago was $7.29 that is Transtar Industries INC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts