The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, new guy here... 2012 Altima Coupe Electrical problems

So my coupe was having issues with slow starting. I would push the button and it would take a second. And then one day I pushed the button and nothing. All the lights were dim and it wouldn't start. So I put a battery charger on it and after a while, it started. I took the negative connector off to test the alternator and it kept running. So I got a new battery. The first thing I noticed after the new battery was the auto roll up drivers side window wouldn't work. I have to hold the button. No big deal. It has been about a month without issue. Then yesterday while driving, all the electric displays on the dash and the AC all shut off. The car kept running, but I could mash the gas pedal to the floor and no response. I turned off the car and turned it back on, and everything started working. A few minutes later and all the electric goes out again, including the AC, for a half second and then back on. This happens two more times before I get home.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
It's easy to reset the 'auto up' window feature. Search the forum, or just wind each all the way down, then hold the switch up to roll the entire window up and keep it held up for another 4 seconds and then release. Auto up, now re-engaged.

Sounds like you need to check your shipping fuse, as it may be loose. Search the forum, well discussed.

·
Registered
227 Posts
----- I took the negative connector off to test the alternator and it kept running. So I got a new battery. ------

Nat a mechanic, maybe one will verify.

Modern computerized car engines should never be run with the battery disconnected using only the alternator in the electrical circuit for power

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Nat a mechanic, maybe one will verify.

Modern computerized car engines should never be run with the battery disconnected using only the alternator in the electrical circuit for power
Correct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's easy to reset the 'auto up' window feature. Search the forum, or just wind each all the way down, then hold the switch up to roll the entire window up and keep it held up for another 4 seconds and then release. Auto up, now re-engaged.

Sounds like you need to check your shipping fuse, as it may be loose. Search the forum, well discussed.
It seems like a search for "shipping fuse" returned a ton of posts.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Here you go...

Extended Storage Switch (ESS) is located in the driver side dash fuse panel. ESS is a removable fuse that when pulled out disables several electrical functions. Vehicles are shipped to dealers with the fuse pulled out to retain battery charge. Dealerships are required to push in the fuse prior to customer delivery.

BCM Transit Mode is a Body Control Module setting that also disables vehicle electronic features. Vehicles are shipped to dealers with the BCM transit mode enabled. Dealerships are required to disable the BCM transit mode prior to customer delivery.

Vehicles are delivered to the dealer with the above features enabled. With these features enabled the vehicle may have the following conditions (systems not working):

Hazard lights stay on for 1 minute (both turn indicators stay lit on meter)
Homelink inoperative (garage door opener located in rearview mirror can not be programmed)
Combination Meter Illumination (center gauge dimly lit)
Key fob inoperative (keyless remotes do not lock or unlock doors/trunk)
Heater/air conditioning blower stuck on high (default position when vehicle is started)
Heater/air conditioning unable to retain temperature setting memory
Clock inoperative
Interior lights inoperative
Fog lamp inoperative
Panic alarm inoperative

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/201...nsit-mode.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did accidentally kick the crap out of the bottom of my dash just before this started. I hope that is what it is.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts