The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Nissan Altima with a 2.5 liter engine. I was driving my car and I stopped at a stop sign and it shut off right before I came to a complete stop. Gauges turned off, radio turned off, lost all power. It started up easy, but had barely any acceleration power. Free revving in park is fine.

No codes, NO PENDING OR STORED CODES, no warning lights on the dash. Resetting the computer corrects the lack of power (limp mode?). But within 30 miles it happened again. Same thing, except I noticed it while I was still rolling to make a stop, I put it in neutral and tried revving it, engine was running super rough, but no gauges or lights on the dash were on, no radio, no power at all. I reset the computer and got to me destination with normal power.

ANY HELP OS APPRECIATED

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cleaned the corroded battery connection. Went on a test drive and when I was almost done I got a warning on the dash to check the gas cap. Checked pending code and saw P0442 (evap small leak). I did fill my tank about 5 miles from the first time I encountered a problem. But my gas cap is on, I even took it off and put it back on.

Attachments

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
I think you should plan to replace your battery if it's more than 4 years old. Either the battery is deteriorating internally, or the alternator is overcharging it (or both actually, if the alternator is at fault). Start with the $100 Walmart battery replacement...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts