The Nissan Club banner

2012 Altima w/ bose w/o navigation head unit upgrade question

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rde38 
#1 ·
Ok, I'm sure this has been talked about plenty of times, but I'm getting confusing information. I have the bose stereo without navigation and right now all I want to do is replace the head unit. I don't know which one I'll get yet, but is there any special harness I need to make it work with the factory amp and the steering wheel controls? If so, could someone give me some names or links to companies.

Again, I apologize for asking something that's probably been asked a thousand times, but I'm getting conflicting information about it.

Also, I will eventually be replacing the entire stereo. Speakers, amp and sub.

#2 ·
You can splice your line outs into the BOSE amp inputs--just ground the -ve differential input and feed the signal into the +ve (each audio "corner" (FL,FR,RL,RR) has 2 wires...so 8 in total feeding the amp). You'll also need to fabricate an 'Amp ON' signal if your HU doesn't have a specific one.

Some aftermarket HU's are capable of learning the voltage ladder used by the nissan switches...others will require the AXXISS?? module...google it...they are all over ebay and even this forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.