The Nissan Club banner

2012 nissan msxima headlight issue

2K views 22 replies 2 participants last post by  sprocketser 
#1 ·
Hello everybody,

I have 2012 nissan maxima sv sport. I have the xenon hid lights. I recently had one headlight assembly replaced due to moisture inside the lens. Since the dealership changed the headlight assembly the lights no longer match. I have one side with purple tint (this is the way they both used to be) and the other side that looks like a regular hologen bulb. I took it back to the dealership and they switched the bulbs and the issue remains. They said the light assemblies are balanced and they have no idea why the lights do not match. I recently got a ticket for the lights not matching (i know, i know. Stupid issue, but the cop was an idiot). The dealership says that they do not know why the headlights do not match and there is nothing more they can do for me. I was wondering if anyone in the forum had any suggestions. The bulbs are both brand new so it is not the bulbs. I need to get this fixed cause i do not want to keep getting tickets for something so stupid. The side that does not mach coincidently is the side they replaced however they seem to say it is not anything with the nstallation of the new assembly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Did you guys changed both bulbs also !

#4 ·
Ok , it might be a different headlight assembly suppler , it happens . Wonder what was the PN they put in there ( headlight ass y )

#5 ·
That i do not know. Nissan denied the dealerships request to replace it under warranty so i had to file something with nissan consumer division. Once i did that and they reviewed my service records (the same issue but with the turn signals on both rear view mirrors), nissan approved the repair. I would assume it is the same part. The also had to send the original part back to nissan. How can i find out the part number? And if they used a different part number is this something i am going to have to deal with? I live in PA, and i can't keep getting tickets for mismatching lights. I was originally given a warning to have the headlights corrected. I took it the dealership and the could not correct it. The dealership gave me an invoice. I took the car to the township and they made me go back at night so they could see if it was actually corrected. They saw it was not and they did not sign off on the warning. The dealership even offered to talk to the cop and they refused saying the lights need to match. I just don't want more tickets

#6 ·
They might have installed a jobber outfit in there instead of oem , much cheaper , might be the case here .

#8 · (Edited)
I know anything can happen at dealership , wonder how much they charged or was it done on warranty .

#9 ·
Check on the PNs on both sides or the names on there somehow .

#11 ·
Check with Courtesy Nissan Parts online & compare afterward .

#13 ·
Wonder if their was 2 kinds of headlights on those 12 Maximas , I mean HID s or Halogens . Might be the issue if they did put the wrong ones , But I don t know if their was these options .

Do you happen to have bought the car new !

#14 ·
I got the car brand new in 2012. Car has 22,853 miles. The car came with the xenon hids. They currently have 2 factory hids that have recently been installed at the dealerahip in an attempt to solve the mismatching color issue. The issue is on the side they replaced....

#15 ·
It s what I tought , They might have installed the Halogen headlight assembly , hid xenon was an option in 2012 .

#16 ·
What s the Headlight Assb y that they installed & on which side .

#17 ·
On a side note here , their was 3 kind of headlights on that model year , I m pretty sure that they ordered & installed the wrong ones , not the same time that it would happen ( it seems that the parts dept guys now don t know how to search for parts .

#18 ·
They installed it on the passenger side. Which is the side that is not matching. Both bulbs when connected to the drivers side have purple tint so it is not the bulbs in my opinion. But i am lost on this. The sv sport comes with the xenon hids. Is there a specific part for the xenons?

#19 ·
Their are 2 Xenon HIDs on this model year , one with tint & one without in addition to the non xenon ones . You got to find which one that s original & which one the stealership installed .

#22 ·
Do you might have 2 different kind of bulbs !

#23 · (Edited)
From this link , these PNs are ok : 2011 Nissan Maxima Headlight Assembly - Pair (Both Driver and Passenger Sides) (3.5 SV) Xenon - AutoLightsBulbs.com

Wonder what s happening in there , is that one that s in the boxe that wasn t the good one by error somehow !

Wonder if these are the ones from the regular Maxima .

Here s another seller s pn : https://parts.nissanusa.com/nissanp...eid=14&groupid=E&sectionid=260&partcode=26060

https://parts.nissanusa.com/nissanp...eid=14&groupid=E&sectionid=260&partcode=26010

For one side only

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.