The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Bought my Versa back in May. 2012 Versa Sedan SV with the CVT. Has recently started acting poorly and I am at a loss for what to do.

Thought it was a problem with the CVT, so I took it to the dealer a few months ago to get the CVT service bulletin done. Still did it so I took it for it's 60k transmission service. It was doing it before when I was using a lot of power (heat, lights, radio, etc.) so I changed the battery and it stopped doing it for a day or so but now it does it seemingly whenever. When it shakes bad its the CEL that flashes (only for a few seconds)(has only happened on two occasions). Only shakes in forward gear (D,L), and usually at any speed from 30-65 or 70 on bad days. It has shaken twice when it was stopped, but never in Neutral or Park. The shaking is more like a bucking or shuddering. My wife said chugging, but I'm not entirely convinced it's an engine issue...

I'm at a loss for what to do as I drive it 120 miles a day to work and I don't have very good alternatives for the commute so any help will be taken SOOO graciously.

Thank you all

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Any stored engine codes...though I doubt it? I'm going with the CVT being at fault...a little because I'm a hater, but mostly because it so richly deserves it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No stored codes. One time when it first started I was trying to make it happen on purpose when it was kind of slick out and I got an ABS code, but that was months ago and it was slick, so it could've been from the weather.

I'd like to blame the CVT, but lord knows I don't want to pay that blame either..... :|

Edit:...poop didn't mean to reply twice...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took it to the transmission shop for the third time the other day. We took it on a test drive and we were able to hoax a code out of it, which was nice, Random Cylinder Misfire, which at least clears the transmission off the chopping block. I took all of the Coils out and did a visual inspection, but I have no idea how to or if i can test them. The plugs looked fine, thank god since they're all of 3 months old. The parts store said that since the Crankshaft Position Sensor is what throws the code on this car that it's possible that sensor is faulting. I don't know about that. Anyone want to clue me in?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts