The Nissan Club banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,990 Posts
Yea, that's the only reason I haven't done that for mine yet... The coupe's have economy fuel pumps that are only 70 bucks. I would have easily spent 70 bucks on a guess and swapped it out later for a better version but the "cheapest" 4-door sedan version that I've been able to find is like 350 or something from Rock Auto. I was told I could test fuel pressure for a $40 gauge kit but I haven't gotten around to that either.
I noticed that too...NFI why a $300 difference to pump fuel to the same engine, the same distance, from probably the same tank. I'd even take a chance on the $70 unit, and swap the parts (motor, level sensor, filter) over to the 'sedan pump chassis' assuming it doesn't actually fit.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,990 Posts
so the same pump is used across all Altimas with both 2.5 and 3.5 from 2007 to 2013 (and 2013 I think was coupe only for this gen) and a bunch of maximas up until 2014. I RA'd the 2014 Max fuel pumps and there's a $120 canuck buck unit there.

Merry Xmas ;)

Fuel Pump - Nissan (17040-ZX01B)

PRODUCT DETAILS
  • Other Names:Fuel Pump Assembly, Pump Complete-Fuel
  • Description:
    Altima Hybrid. Maxima.
  • Notes:Includes Fuel Gauge Sending Unit.
THIS PART ALSO FITS
MakeModelYearBody & TrimEngine & Transmission
NissanAltima2013S2.5L L4 - Gas, 3.5L V6 - Gas
NissanAltima2012Base, S, SL, SR2.5L L4 - Gas, 3.5L V6 - Gas
NissanAltima2011Base, Hybrid, S, SL, SR2.5L L4 - Electric/Gas, 2.5L L4 - Gas, 3.5L V6 - Gas
NissanAltima2010Base, Hybrid, S, SL, SR2.5L L4 - Electric/Gas, 2.5L L4 - Gas, 3.5L V6 - Gas
NissanAltima2009Base, Hybrid, S, SE, SL2.5L L4 - Electric/Gas, 2.5L L4 - Gas, 3.5L V6 - Gas
NissanAltima2008Base, Hybrid, S, SE, SL2.5L L4 - Electric/Gas, 2.5L L4 - Gas, 3.5L V6 - Gas
NissanAltima2007Base, Hybrid, S, SE, SL2.5L L4 - Electric/Gas, 2.5L L4 - Gas, 3.5L V6 - Gas
NissanMaxima2014S, SV3.5L V6 - Gas
NissanMaxima2013S, SV3.5L V6 - Gas
NissanMaxima2012S, SV3.5L V6 - Gas
NissanMaxima2011S, SV3.5L V6 - Gas
NissanMaxima2010S, SV3.5L V6 - Gas
NissanMaxima2009S, SV3.5L V6 - Gas

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've had no intermittent starting issues lately but the issue has evolved into a rough idle and fluctuating RPMs at idle. I haven't been able to bring it in due to the hustle and bustle of the end of the year at work but some people are suggesting ignition relay.

This guy says DME Relay but my car doesn't have that or a fuel relay, instead it's really more of an ignition relay according to Nissan that can be replaced for $36 USD. I may have to pursue just for such a low cost and time effort to test effectiveness of the fix

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rough idle and poor gas mileage are two of your symptoms and those are two of the symptoms of non working VVT solenoids. I am surprised you are looking for other solutions before you try this out first. You can test this theory for free. Just pull them and apply 12 volt power and see if they move.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Forgive my ignorance Bob... I'm really bad mechanically as my actual expertise is with computers/electronics. I'm learning about all this stuff as I go unfortunately 😔. To be honest, I don't have a clue where those are so I'd have to do research to be able to do this. I'm definitely interested in chasing things that don't require me bringing my car to a shop and wasting so much money on labor! I'll start looking into this today!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
after looking into it some more, I do realize that I could probably remove and replace this myself however those symptoms are not something that I'm chasing right this second. I can live with those right this moment my issue is still the intermittent starting issue. that is my first and foremost issue to fix due to the fact that it's going to leave me stranded if I don't figure it out. I've had the rough idle and poor fuel economy for far less time than I've had the intermittent starting issue. Now that today is going to be around 50° where I'm living I'm sure that I will see the starting issue more prevalent as it appears to happen more often when my vehicle can't cool down quick enough

21 - 27 of 27 Posts