The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2013 Altima 2.5 sl. It won't start on a weekly basis. We thought it was the -15 temp but does it at 55 and 60 degrees. Dealership said we are the only ones with this problem. Car either just doesn't start or just cranks over even if you take finger off button and foot off break. Has a mind of its own. Also has the stutter in the trans like all the others I have read about. Just pissed you pay 30k for a car and it wont start and nobody wants to help. Thanx if you can help. Dana

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had the same problem with mine.. It hesitated on start up several times along with numerous problems/noises I had experienced with this vehicle. File complaints after complaints and Nissan was useless. Lost countless hours at work back and forth the dealership only to be told that all the noises I was hearing were normal. Right?????? Got fed up with the vehicle and traded it in for the Honda Accord Sport. Granted I lost a bit of money but it was the best decision and I'm glad that I did. Now, I enjoy every moment in my vehicle. The 2013 Altimas are just, just terrible. Especially, if the vehicle was assembled in Canton. Apparently, owners whose vehicles assembled in the plant have had more damn problems with their. After 20 years of loyalty to Nissan, I finally can say that they will no longer have my business.

·
Registered
755 Posts
^^

Have fun in your accord.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 13 Altima SL 2.5 does the same thing. I carry a jump box around just in case. Sad to say... Also nobody seems to know anything about the problem. Did u find a cause.? I know it's not my starter, alternator, or battery. I replaced post on the battery. It's not the brake relay, I did a tune up, was thinking it could be the battery relay but I don't think so,,?? Any ideas

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 S. K&N cold air intake. Stillen underdrive pulley. Stillen cat back system.
73 Posts
Battery fuse on the positive battery cable will cause this to happen if the bolts holding it on gdf corroded. Happened to me and I checked everything but that. New one is like 40 bucks at Orrileys. Swapped it out and no problems since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts