The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having issues with the cars acceleration. I would press the gas sometimes and it wouldnt register unless you let off the gas and press it again. And sometimes while going down the highway it wouldnt let the RPMs get above like 2500. I did some research and someone said the brake switch could be faulty and causing it to think the brakes are being pressed when not. So i changed that and still having those issues and sometimes the brake lights will stay on the whole ride and even after the cut has been cut off. Has anyone had any of these issues cause its driving me insane trying to pin point this.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Check for water in the taillight, that could cause the problem or brake switch relay.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Get it to the dealer and have them check the CVT A&B numbers stored in the transmission control module.

Anything other than a zero indicates the CVT has been overheating.

If the CVT is overheating the CVT will go into self protection mode and reduce available power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same exact issue

Any luck with this issue? i'm having the same exact problem in my 2013 Altima too, car thinks brakes are pressed, the tail lights are on, you can start the car and change from P to D without physically pressing the brake pedal! and the car is very limp while accelerating since the CVT thinks the car is stopped!.
i changed the brake switch, but the issue still there, yet i was sure it's not the brake switch because even when the brake switch is disconnected, the symptoms are still there.
i would really appreciate any help.
thanks

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
If it's not the switch itself, then the very next likely culprit is the relay that it controls.

EDIT See page BRC-47 for more detail.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Is there any adjustment in this brake switch?

On the older cars the brake switch had to be adjusted when you installed it.

There was an adjustment screw that moved a push button switch into, or away from your brake pedal.

Usually when you first got the switch installed the brake lights stayed on without the pedal being pressed.

Then you adjusted the switch until the brake lights went out. After that, you pressed the brake pedal to make sure the lights came back on. If the brake lights came on after pressing the pedal you locked down the adjustment nut, and were done.

Of course I haven't replaced a brake switch in a newer car so I don't know if the brake switches are still made that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was having issues with the cars acceleration. I would press the gas sometimes and it wouldnt register unless you let off the gas and press it again. And sometimes while going down the highway it wouldnt let the RPMs get above like 2500. I did some research and someone said the brake switch could be faulty and causing it to think the brakes are being pressed when not. So i changed that and still having those issues and sometimes the brake lights will stay on the whole ride and even after the cut has been cut off. Has anyone had any of these issues cause its driving me insane trying to pin point this.
Did you figure this out same problem in my 2013 Altima SV?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same exact issue

Any luck with this issue? i'm having the same exact problem in my 2013 Altima too, car thinks brakes are pressed, the tail lights are on, you can start the car and change from P to D without physically pressing the brake pedal! and the car is very limp while accelerating since the CVT thinks the car is stopped!.
i changed the brake switch, but the issue still there, yet i was sure it's not the brake switch because even when the brake switch is disconnected, the symptoms are still there.
i would really appreciate any help.
thanks
Did you figure this out same problem in my 2013 Altima SV?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Looks like the engine is operating in "fail safe" mode due to some failed component; one of the common ones is a failed MAF circuit. One of the first things to do is perform an ECU code readout with a portable scan tool to see if any fault codes are set. The tool can be purchased at most auto parts stores; also most auto parts stores will do a scan for free. Post the actual codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction. If you have a copy of the FSM for your vehicle, the code readout procedure is described there along with a listing of codes. You can download a copy of the FSM from this web site: Owner's Manuals. The section EC.PDF is the one you need to read.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts