The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I recently traded my 2013 altima coupe 16k miles that i had purchased brand new for a 2015 jeep cherokee trailhawk.

Now my wife needs a new car and i have two current options.

Buy her my old altima that i trade back or a 2014 maxima sv.

2013 altima coupe 16k miles
2014 maxima sv 39k miles

Both are same exact price, my delima is altima has 16 miles and im original owner, and the maxima has 39k and i dont know if im walking into a trap.

Is 39k any more risky then 16k miles?

When do altimas/maximas generally require expensive maintence?

Could some provide their personal thoughts between what they would do?

I know the maxima is worth more and has better features which is why im interested in it.

·
2013 Altima 3.5 SV no nav
811 Posts
Hello

I recently traded my 2013 altima coupe 16k miles that i had purchased brand new for a 2015 jeep cherokee trailhawk.

Now my wife needs a new car and i have two current options.

Buy her my old altima that i trade back or a 2014 maxima sv.

2013 altima coupe 16k miles
2014 maxima sv 39k miles

Both are same exact price, my delima is altima has 16 miles and im original owner, and the maxima has 39k and i dont know if im walking into a trap.

Is 39k any more risky then 16k miles?

When do altimas/maximas generally require expensive maintence?

Could some provide their personal thoughts between what they would do?

I know the maxima is worth more and has better features which is why im interested in it.
If you had no issues with the Altima for 16k miles I would get it back. Is the Altima a 2.5 or 3.5 ?

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Aren't you gonna take a loss on the Altima?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aren't you gonna take a loss on the Altima?
Take a loss on what? What I traded the altima for vs buying it back?

They gave me 17.5k on the altima, and are selling the maxima and altima for 17k each, plus I get $800 loyalty discount for getting my jeep threw them.

·
2013 Altima 3.5 SV no nav
811 Posts

They gave me 17.5k on the altima, and are selling the maxima and altima for 17k each, plus I get $800 loyalty discount for getting my jeep threw them.
OK, if the altima is a 2.5 the Maxima is a better deal, it will be worth more money when you are done with it and the big engine is nice to have. Gas mileage will be lower on the Maxima but that's only a factor if your wife does a lot of driving. I think the repair cost will be the same on a Nissan, it's not a German car, Nissan parts are cheap.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts

I wonder how long that dealership will stay in business for if they are giving more on trade ins and selling them for less... lol
Makes no sense from a business perspective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts