The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a car guy, but very quick and intelligently can see the alternator. And being quoted for $500 to change the part(labor+part), seems unreasonable.

I wondered if anyone has detailed steps they could give me so I can accurately decided if this is something I can do.

I also work for LKQ and can get the part cheaper than distributor, so I would very much rather do this myself if plausible.

Thanks everyone, this is my first post so if there is anything(etiquette or standard) let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
It's a 30-60min job for the 2.5, even as a newbie. Probably not even your alternator that's shot, just the clutch pulley...may even be under warranty still?

The 3.5 is a whole different kettle of fish...drain and remove rad....etc etc. Even then $500 is still a bit steep unless it includes an aftermarket part. See my .sig for details on that.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ensure Replacement Alternaor is type WITH DECOUPLER PULLEY

Following helpful info with pictures for 2013 Altima Alternator Replacement
Search for ----- " Replacing Alternator Under TSB 13040 / NTB13040 "

(Search options available on "New Posts" Heading page, "Search Forums")

2013 Altima

See Original Thread posted by "NissanCarOwner 2013" 11-18-2014
Replacing Alternator Under TSB 13040 / NTB13040

For write up on alternator replacement -----
Especially see follow-up post on above
Poster --- Goose182 post #37 on 01-09-2016

2013 Altima Alternator 23100 3TA1A (Original on some 2013 models without Decoupler Pulley)

2013 Altima Alternator 23100 3TA1B (Replacement type With DECOUPLER PULLEY) (Cheaply available on E-Bay)

·
Registered
591 Posts
It's a 30-60min job for the 2.5, even as a newbie. Probably not even your alternator that's shot, just the clutch pulley...may even be under warranty still?

The 3.5 is a whole different kettle of fish...drain and remove rad....etc etc. Even then $500 is still a bit steep unless it includes an aftermarket part. See my .sig for details on that.
what d0ugmac1 said. should take about 30-1hr 1/2 to do. it's literally disconnect the battery. remove passenger wheel, remove plastic shield in passenger wheel well, 14mm and remove serpentine belt. 10mm remove engine cover, remove dipstick, 10, 12, 13, 14mm to remove alternator harness/bracket, and the alternator itself

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm taking mine in to be covered under warranty see what they say. The vibration at low rpms is annoying

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
346 Posts
Just had mine done this week was covered under warranty the rumble at low rpms is gone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts