The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some help, I wanna do a resonator delete on my altima, and I have already done a muffler delete but I’m not sure what to do, and YouTube isn’t helping much, thank you!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
It will not sound good, you should CHANGE the resonator. The Nissan ones sound pretty bad, but if you remove it it will sound like a ricer car.

Check this thread:

·
Registered
214 Posts
And whatever you want to do, you can either go to various exhaust shops to ask for prices, (they can vary widely), or, you can cut the pipes around the resonator, measure it, buy a piece of pipe with that diameter and install it with exhaust clamps. The cost should be similar for both options if you really want to have no-resonator.

Edit:
I have just uploaded a video of my previous Altima 2.5 with stock exhaust manifold and no resonator. It "may sound good" on neutral, but not driving it. I didn't want to try, it is too loud.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I need some help, I wanna do a resonator delete on my altima, and I have already done a muffler delete but I’m not sure what to do, and YouTube isn’t helping much, thank you!!
Do what you want. I deleted my resonator, installed 2.5" pipe , kept the stock y pipe, cut out stock mufflers, installed DC straight throughs. Sounds good to me. Go to O'Reilly's, they've got a pipe cutter tool you can rent for $50 bucks. I just used some clamps and some exhaust pipe sealer to keep everything together.

Sounds better than what people say it does.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do what you want. I deleted my resonator, installed 2.5" pipe , kept the stock y pipe, cut out stock mufflers, installed DC straight throughs. Sounds good to me. Go to O'Reilly's, they've got a pipe cutter tool you can rent for $50 bucks. I just used some clamps and some exhaust pipe sealer to keep everything together.

Sounds better than what people say it does.
Sounds good man I might just go with a vibrant resonator it sounds pretty good as well

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you want noise, delete, if you want to keep the performance, keep it stock. You would have to mod the engine to have performance with out muffler.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Echaust gives notorious performance with uprev, and it's nice to change the tone with a new resonator. It depends on what you want

1 - 8 of 8 Posts