The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I have another problem with my newly acquired 2013 Altima, I finally drove it at night for the first time. I was thinking all was good until my passenger pointed out that none of the radio or climate control buttons were lit up. The small amber lights on the dials still illuminates, but none of the buttons can be seen. I had read somewhere about a problem with the auto light system causing them not to come on, so I stopped, shut the car off and manually turned the headlights on, but there was no change. Any suggestions or links would be appreciated, I tried searching the forum, but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Does the S have an instrument back-light illumination control (+/- push buttons) on the left side of the dash beside the trip reset button?
I'm not near my Altima at the moment, so I cannot confirm if this control affects the Radio or Climate Control lights. If it does, yours may be set at the lowest point.

I believe that on my SL there is a control on the centre stack to turn all lights but the driving instruments off to reduce driving distractions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The S does have the brightness control on the left hand side of the steering column, and I just double checked and mine is setting on the brightest setting, I really appreciate the help though. I also just figured out that my glove compartment light does not illuminate even with the headlights turned on. I rea

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does your car have autostart, and did you start it using it?

I just noticed an issue on my 2014 SV. If I autostart it, the backlight behind the radio display doesn't turn on. I have to turn the lights off then on again and they work as they should.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all of the replies, but apparently if you don't check the correct fuse it doesn't matter if it is blown or not! :frown I had already checked the fuse panel at least twice, but today I had taken the glove compartment completely out and jumped a wire to the light in there and it came on, so as I sat there thinking that it must be something causing it not to get power I decided to check the fuse panel one more time, this time I noticed that the 5A illumination fuse was right beside another 5A fuse. When I pulled the illumination fuse, I found it blown, replaced it and now everything lights as it should!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I thought I had this resolved, but apparently not! I had replaced the blown 5A fuse that I had found and everything seemed fine' I was driving home on July 4th and my headlights had been on for about 30minutes when the radio and hvac lights went out, I pulled over and found the fuse blown once again, I didn't have another 5A, so I replaced it with a 10A and everything seemed fine. Today I was driving and it got really cloudy and started raining and my headlights kicked on, I drove for maybe 20minutes when the radio and hvac lights once again went out, I pulled over, checked the fuse and it seemed fine, but I replaced it anyway, but it made no difference. I am figuring at this point that I have a shorted wire somewhere in the dash, does anyone have a wiring diagram to help me trace the wires, or any other thoughts as to what it could be? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had time to do a little more diagnosing this afternoon, not only are the backlights for the HVAC controls, the radio, and the glove compartment, but also the gear shift selections are not illuminating, also the plus and minus dimmer switch is not illuminating. I also noticed that with the headlights on, the left tail light was not lit up, after much searching, I found the fuse panel under the hood and located a fuse labeled tail LH/Illumini that was blown, when I replaced it, power returned to the 5A fuse that controlled all of the backlighting listed above. So, now I am back to my original starting point of what caused the 5A fuse to blow in the first place! :banghead:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I had time to do a little more diagnosing this afternoon, not only are the backlights for the HVAC controls, the radio, and the glove compartment, but also the gear shift selections are not illuminating, also the plus and minus dimmer switch is not illuminating. I also noticed that with the headlights on, the left tail light was not lit up, after much searching, I found the fuse panel under the hood and located a fuse labeled tail LH/Illumini that was blown, when I replaced it, power returned to the 5A fuse that controlled all of the backlighting listed above. So, now I am back to my original starting point of what caused the 5A fuse to blow in the first place! :banghead:
Glad you got it figured out! I was going to suggest the radio update if you have the 5" back up camera radio on your S model, as I have... and had a problem with using auto start and the hvac/radio orange lights illuminating... a radio update solved it all..

Regarding the gear shifter ... I do not remember mine ever illuminating... I might be wrong but I will check tonight when driving. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glad you got it figured out! I was going to suggest the radio update if you have the 5" back up camera radio on your S model, as I have... and had a problem with using auto start and the hvac/radio orange lights illuminating... a radio update solved it all..
Haha. I'm having the same problem with the lights illuminating after autostart. I'll have to inquire about the radio update.

·
Banned
7 Posts
So none of my radio or atmosphere control catches appear to illuminate any longer... I can't locate a consumed meld, yet then none of them explicitly state "run lights" either. Anybody know which one controls those lights?
Kodi Lucky Patcher nox

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,892 Posts
did you check the dash dimmer to make sure you didn't just turn the dash lights down to zero?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe that on my SL there is a control on the centre stack to turn all lights but the driving instruments off to reduce driving distractions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts