The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
lprocter
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know others seem to have similar problems to this, but here goes: I have a 2013 Sentra (1.8L, CVT) with about 60,000km on it. When turning while backing up, there is a creaking/popping noise seeming to come from the front end. It is only when reversing and turning - going straight, or going forward at all does not make the noise. I took it to the dealer last week, and aksed them to check it out during a routine maintenance. They informed me that 1)the new car warranty expired in February, so all diagnosis and repair is on my tab 2)the cause of the noise is a 'front strut mount bearing' - they did not specify which one. They then quoted me a repair price of $460 plus tax (about $520). This seems insane for 2 reasons - 1) suspension component should last, i would think, for more than 3 years and 2)since it's so close to the warranty expiration, does it not seem right they should at least cover some of the repair?

I'm thinking about taking it to another mechanic for a second opinion. Any advice on what to do, or what the problem may be? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Try calling/emailing a NissanUSA representative and explain your situation, maybe they can have (or some of) the repair cost taken care off.

·
lprocter
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, apparently there's a TSB out for this problem - there's a spacer they put in the strut to stop the popping. Of course, they don't mention it until after the warranty expires - but after complaining, they decided to see if they could get it covered under a goodwill warranty. Just waiting now - probably until the car passes the mileage cut-off for warranty, too...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts