The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

So I bought a '14 Altima 3.5sl new a few years ago here in Dallas, TX and at the time wasn't thinking about roof racks because my girlfriend has a truck with one. I now need one and was hoping you guys could give me some advice, links or places to buy a good roof rack system that looks good but still does the job.
It's just going to be carrying a single person kayak which is not too heavy. I called the dealership and Nissan doesn't make one for naked roofs unfortunately and there are tons of aftermarket ones which brings me here. :) You guys have answered my old questions with great detail and I try to return the favor (for the record this is my favorite forum by far!).

Anyways, ANY help would be much appreciated and if you have links from ones you have bought or pics that would be awesome! I live in the Dallas, TX area.

Thanks!!!:grin

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For those of you that are looking for a roof rack setup I needed up getting mine at REI. I went with the JetStream system and then the Sweetroll for my Yak. It's a GREAT setup that can be left on year round and can still go 80+ mph as it's very aerodynamic. You can even open your sunroof while its on. Here are a few pics below...

·
Registered
42 Posts
For those of you that are looking for a roof rack setup I needed up getting mine at REI. I went with the JetStream system and then the Sweetroll for my Yak. It's a GREAT setup that can be left on year round and can still go 80+ mph as it's very aerodynamic. You can even open your sunroof while its on. Here are a few pics below...
Good to see a fellow Dallas-ite on the forums. That roof rack looks really good. Mind me asking how much it was?

·
Tyler TT
17 Posts
I went with the Rhino Rack Vortex setup and I couldn't be happier. Great quality, almost no noise at highway speed, and they look great in my opinion.

Carries my 18ft aluminum canoe just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts