The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am having a weird issue with my Nissan head unit on Altiam 2014 S. I have been using Bluetooth of the car with my old iPhone 7 and recently got a new iPhone 11. I haven't been able to pair this with my car. Every time i attempt, the screen comes back without finishing the pairing process. On the phone, I get pairing code and hit pair and keep trying while the stereo screen goes back to the main screen, be it AUx, radio, or anything another screen.

See the video of the problem.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CarAV/comments/gt373e
What could be wrong as the stereo just works fine and is unlikely something failed.
UPDATE: After contacting NissanConnect support and checking other devices. I confirmed that the issues is not the phone and the head unit is compatible to all latest iPhone. The problem is with the head unit and the suggested solution by Bluetooth team from Nissan itself is to do a FACTORY reset for the radio.
The solution might be how to do a factory reset on these Cars and do I need any radio KEY or code before doing it?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,040 Posts
Apple is the King of Planned Obsolescence. Your car is simply too old for your new phone, and you'll just need to buy a new one, and park this one out back with the 1/8" stereo plug headsets, aftermarket USB chargers and 30pin charging cables...

Yes I'm being fececious...but I'm still sadly probably right. You may need to update your incar entertainment unit...and it IS slighly cheaper than replacing the whole car...

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The 11 may use a later version of bluetooth that the earlier car radio cannot. I'd be looking at bluetooth version changes. If the speed of transfer changed then there you go.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Check your iPhone for software updates if already up to date you can try resetting the network setting on your iPhone and then start the pairing process again.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
If you are having to enter a pin code try numbers only, earlier bluetooth cannot use letters in a pin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts