The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the valve body replaced and programmed. I took it to my mechanic because it was doing this for 1-2k miles and got really worse (slow to go from a stop, hard time climbing hills, etc). He didn't see much debris in the pan, normal wear for 140k miles. When I was taking it to the mechanic, it finally set the CEL for a pressure valve in the valve body. Below is a video of me driving yesterday, shortly after getting it from Nissan after they programmed the valve body:

As you can see, no CEL. Not sure if these have "soft" codes that don't set the CEL though 🤷‍♂️

Any input is appreciated

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Ultimately it is the chainbelt slipping on pulleys that allows the rpm to come up. Lots of reasons other than VB why it might. A pressure CEL can have way more than one cause too.

Most computers use soft or pending codes now but often they have so many counts they have to register as occurring before posting a solid CEL. Depends on the exact software for how many of those counts have to happen first. Nobody publishes books on that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts