The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 2014 Nissan Altima in Park running for about 3 or 4 hours. I was working on some electrical upgrades, and my friends wanted music and heat, so I turned it on. After I was done I went to pull out, and now it won't go above 5 miles per hour, and seems to be in a sort of Limp Mode. The car has 2 codes
A: Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit/Open.
B:Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Range/Performance.
I'm not really angry because A: The car has 178,XXX miles on it with no repairs so far. And B: I drive the thing like a race car.
About 2 months ago I noticed the cars lights would dim when rolling up the Windows, turning the Steering Wheel, or turning on my Light Bar. Then the evening it broke I hooked up a large Dual Subwoofer system in the trunk. Is it possible all these extra loads to my electrical system ruined the Throttle Control body? And if so what would be a good fix after I put the new part in?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,163 Posts
Most likely you need a new battery and a new TB.

·
Registered
1 Posts
d0ugmac1 Thanks for the input. I got the battery tested and they said it was fine, but I might still go get a new one. I was also thinking about getting a new alternator with higher output, and a small secondary battery that will fit under the center consol.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,163 Posts
Before you do all that...expand my signature and read through the 'Audio Power' thread linked in my .sig below.

If you are convinced the battery is good AND the battery is younger than 4yrs from the date sticker on top...then you might want to investigate the negative battery cable and ensure a solid cable connected to both the chassis and the transmission housing.

·
2016 TEANA 3.5 SL
207 Posts
Before you do all that...expand my signature and read through the 'Audio Power' thread linked in my .sig below.

If you are convinced the battery is good AND the battery is younger than 4yrs from the date sticker on top...then you might want to investigate the negative battery cable and ensure a solid cable connected to both the chassis and the transmission housing.

·
Nissan Man
126 Posts
I have to agree with d0ugmac1 check the negative cable. Aside from that I believe very little in coincidence. Look at everything you touched when you were putting the system in your car. Maybe you accidentally knocked a connector off when you were running wires or maybe you disconnected something to get more room and forgot to plug it back in. If certain sensors are not plugged in that can definitely put you into a limp mode. I'd probably start off with making sure that throttle body connector is still on good and tight.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had my 2014 Nissan Altima in Park running for about 3 or 4 hours. I was working on some electrical upgrades, and my friends wanted music and heat, so I turned it on. After I was done I went to pull out, and now it won't go above 5 miles per hour, and seems to be in a sort of Limp Mode. The car has 2 codes
A: Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit/Open.
B:Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Range/Performance.
I'm not really angry because A: The car has 178,XXX miles on it with no repairs so far. And B: I drive the thing like a race car.
About 2 months ago I noticed the cars lights would dim when rolling up the Windows, turning the Steering Wheel, or turning on my Light Bar. Then the evening it broke I hooked up a large Dual Subwoofer system in the trunk. Is it possible all these extra loads to my electrical system ruined the Throttle Control body? And if so what would be a good fix after I put the new part in?
Knowing the draw on everything individually that you've added would be helpful in guiding you to a solution.
Do you have issues even when you're not using them?
Additional battery, thicker cables, and all the usual high-powered stereo stuff is a necessary, if you do have a high-powered stereo. Checking existing cabling/connections should be done regardless.
A higher output alternator/second battery shouldn't be necessary unless you're pulling a lot of additional amperage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts