The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every couple of weeks when I start the car it revs a little and immediately dies. Then I start it normally.
The weird thing is it resets the trip odometer.
The last time it did this (2 days ago) it revved, died, and then started on it's own immediately.
Otherwise, I use it daily with no issues.
I called the dealership and they said "No idea. You'll have to bring it in for us to check."
Any ideas where I should start?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,040 Posts
If the trip OD is reset...that typically means you have a bad electrical connection...either at the battery, or between the battery and the car.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
'...and then started on it's own immediately.'

Thinking that's not quite true, if it is you got bigger problems if you are saying the engine re-engaged the starter by itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seemed that way at the time. Maybe I held the button a little longer than usual and it started "again".
I get your point. I'll have to pay better attention when it re-occurs.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2014 Altima SV did the same thing with the resets. My issue was a bad battery which was the original and 6 years old. I replaced the battery and cleaned the connectors with a wire brush. The car then crank much faster than before and the resets no longer happened. If your battery is newer, you should first try cleaning the connectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts