The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello~ again with another issue for 2014 Nissan Altima 2.5S.

I did 3 miles driving and park. After 15 minutes, I tried starting on by pushing ignition button as usual. Engine cranked 1 ~2 seconds and turned off with turn-off (clanking)sound generated (like when pushing ignition switch while engine is on idle). Battery was good, however, I did not see any power supply on the instrument cluster assembly panel as well as interior room lights. Brake pedal was stiff and ignition switch did not work.

While waiting assistance approx. 20 minutes, I opened the door by chance and realized interior room lights back on. So I retried to start on, finally engine was able to crank on. At this time, I realized trip mileage meter reset to Zero again (Chronic trouble since 15,000 mileage). I do not see any OBD II_DTC code now.
Now this car is running well yet.
Could anybody advise on why this could happen?

2nd question is on what could happen if I would jump start by connecting Negative(-) to Negative(-) terminal instead of Negative(-) terminal to Body ground of vehicle? Does it hurt Variable Voltage Control System(sensor)?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, amc49. This issue recurred. as you recommended, I disconnected power connection and cleaned the connector/terminal. The negative connector looked not tight. This action let the engine crank and run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts