The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one ...i have an accident and the airbag is not working ...and i ask the lady work at nissan collision center in phoenix az ...why the airbag not working she said maybe it didn't touch the sensor ...wtf ????? Any suggestion please help ......should i call nissan headquarter and ask them

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Airbags deploy under very specific conditions, and it's possible your accident didn't meet the criteria for deployment. They're smarter than they used to be, and don't deploy just because a dummy switch is pressed. Speed, deceleration, angle, and a lot of other factors are considered before the car decides to inflate an airbag.

·
Registered
591 Posts
airbags dont deploy just because you crashed, there are alot of factors that the airbag control module monitors to determine if airbag deployment is necessary

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi every one ...i have an accident and the airbag is not working ...and i ask the lady work at nissan collision center in phoenix az ...why the airbag not working she said maybe it didn't touch the sensor ...wtf ????? Any suggestion please help ......should i call nissan headquarter and ask them
dang did a deer run in the road or something

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for all the reply . They said the sensor for the airbag is really smart now its not like before. Some drunk driver lost control and hit me...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you OK? thats the biggest concern. alot has to align as they are alot smarter these days. if your ok and it didnt go off/ wasnt a need for it then dont sweat it. the earlier ones were to sensitive and if not really needed could actually hurt you more than help you.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You should report it to NHTSA. If they determine it shouldn't have gone off then so be it. However you may save a life if like so many things on my Nissan it just doesn't work like it's supposed to. My damn radio texts people "I'm driving" despite the fact that I've turned the damn auto text off over and over. I love this car but the radio is crap!!! .....And so might the airbag be.

·
Not an unregistered user
2,282 Posts
Are you OK? thats the biggest concern.
This.

Also, was anyone in the passenger seat? It looks like the impact on that side would warrant an airbag deployment if someone were in the seat. The damage on the driver's side looks too minimal, however. I believe these cars shut off the airbag deployments when the seats nearest to the collision are unoccupied.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts