The Nissan Club banner

2015 Altima 2.5 All Power Windows Stopped working

9012 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  vaughnie112304
Our 2015 Altima 2.5 just had all windows stop functioning. None of the controls from the other doors work either. Power locks still function, as seem to everything else about the car. The windows all worked yesterday, never had a problem. Very sudden loss of all window control. Ideas on troubleshooting / fixing? Hoping this is something common with a quick fix :) Thank you!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
One thing you can try is disconnecting the negative cable from the battery for 30 seconds and then reattach it. This might reboot the CPU that controls the main power window and door lock switch.
If that doesn't fix it, off to a professional mechanic or stealership you go, here's the wiring diagram.
Product Rectangle Schematic Font Slope
See less See more
Actually, my son reported in correctly. The window locks on the driver side do not work either. So, the entire drivers side switch panel (windows and locks) do not work. For the rest of the car, it's just the windows that don't work, but the locks do. I think this means either a bad switch or something came unplugged - on the drivers door.

Resetting the battery is a good idea, but didn't work.
Actually, my son reported in correctly. The window locks on the driver side do not work either. So, the entire drivers side switch panel (windows and locks) do not work. For the rest of the car, it's just the windows that don't work, but the locks do. I think this means either a bad switch or something came unplugged - on the drivers door.

Resetting the battery is a good idea, but didn't work.
Did the power ever get fixed also what was the issue?
My power windows and looks all of a sudden stopped working in my 2015 Nissian Altima 2.5L
My 2015 Nissan Altima SL did the same thing! My boyfriend fixed it by putting a knife under where the drivers side control panel for windows and locks meets the next piece of plastic under the big door handle (on the narrow side of the besel). He popped it out by twisting the knife a little and pulling (don’t be afraid to pull on it, it’s $40 if you break it, I think) unplugged the white plug with wires, cleaned out the corroded debris from the connection that was obviously faulty (dark brown, whereas others were all white), plugged it back in, made sure it worked, and put it back together. When he put it back together he quickly realized he had to unclick another plastic piece to put it back properly, this was the one your forearm would touch easiest while driving. Or, the one puckering the lock besel on the long side. This let him click the plastics back together so it looks like he didn’t do anything! And my windows have worked for 2 weeks now! No issue! Hopefully this helps other people!
See less See more
My 2015 Nissan Altima SL did the same thing! My boyfriend fixed it by putting a knife under where the drivers side control panel for windows and locks meets the next piece of plastic under the big door handle (on the narrow side of the besel). He popped it out by twisting the knife a little and pulling (don’t be afraid to pull on it, it’s $40 if you break it, I think) unplugged the white plug with wires, cleaned out the corroded debris from the connection that was obviously faulty (dark brown, whereas others were all white), plugged it back in, made sure it worked, and put it back together. When he put it back together he quickly realized he had to unclick another plastic piece to put it back properly, this was the one your forearm would touch easiest while driving. Or, the one puckering the lock besel on the long side. This let him click the plastics back together so it looks like he didn’t do anything! And my windows have worked for 2 weeks now! No issue! Hopefully this helps other people!
This was also the fix for my daughter's 2015 Nissan Altima. re-sat the connector on the armrest, and all came back working great.
Thank you I tried this and it was really easy I just unplugged the connector and blew out the dust. I am a middle aged woman with no mechanical knowledge . Everything pooped right back in place! It’s working now! Thanks again!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts