The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2015 Altima 2.5 just had all windows stop functioning. None of the controls from the other doors work either. Power locks still function, as seem to everything else about the car. The windows all worked yesterday, never had a problem. Very sudden loss of all window control. Ideas on troubleshooting / fixing? Hoping this is something common with a quick fix :) Thank you!

·
Registered
371 Posts
One thing you can try is disconnecting the negative cable from the battery for 30 seconds and then reattach it. This might reboot the CPU that controls the main power window and door lock switch.
If that doesn't fix it, off to a professional mechanic or stealership you go, here's the wiring diagram.
Product Rectangle Schematic Font Slope

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, my son reported in correctly. The window locks on the driver side do not work either. So, the entire drivers side switch panel (windows and locks) do not work. For the rest of the car, it's just the windows that don't work, but the locks do. I think this means either a bad switch or something came unplugged - on the drivers door.

Resetting the battery is a good idea, but didn't work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually, my son reported in correctly. The window locks on the driver side do not work either. So, the entire drivers side switch panel (windows and locks) do not work. For the rest of the car, it's just the windows that don't work, but the locks do. I think this means either a bad switch or something came unplugged - on the drivers door.

Resetting the battery is a good idea, but didn't work.
Did the power ever get fixed also what was the issue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts