The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon, I have a 2015 Nissan Altima. I had it at the dealer for an Oil Change and they mentioned that the power steering fluid should be changed at the cost of $149.99. While the fluid looks slightly pale yellow, I figured I would change it myself as I do with all my other fluids. (Since oil changes are cheap enough, I let the dealer do it) However, I can not find any info on how to change it.
I understand these cars have electric power steering, but no where in the manual does it mention a service interval on the PS. Is the fluid serviceable at all? Even looking into the reservoir, it is all blocked off.
What am I missing here? Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
prob could just do the turkey baster method common on youtube it wont get it all out but you will introduce enough new stuff, who knows if they do anything better at nissan unless it's a flush, I must use the nissan proprietary blue E-PSF had to get that on ebay. I have to confess I've never changed the steering fluid on my 2014 just topped off but fluid is still blue. ive read mechanics recommend changing 75,000 to 100,000 miles. I dont know if the electric ps system is different.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts