The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I have a 2015 Altima (125K miles). I am having issues with acceleration after sitting in traffic for a long time. When I push on the accelerator the RPM will go real high but the car will not accelerate. The only fix is pulling to the side of the road shutting the car off and then when I turn it back on it accelerates normally. No leaks visible and no engine lights are on. Happens sporadically and only on highway when in heavy traffic. Any ideas as to cause of the problem? :( :( Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Altima SV 2.5l CVT Trans
8 Posts
Step motor inside the CVT transmission. PAIN IN THE ASS!! I have the same issue in my 17' SV. But mine is usually triggered when sitting for quite awhile..like at a park or something. (I have a decent amount of downtime while working, and keep car running to use charger and listen to the radio with out killing the battery} and having the a/c on is almost guaranteed to happen everytime. Also, you say the RPM's go up fast but not moving? Mine is different... I'll be sitting at a read light, it turn green, press the gas, no movement. Push it all the way down, floor it...and it slowly rolls and the RPM's slowly rise til about 2500-3000ish and it takes off like crazy. Only fix is same as you...turn car off, then back on. And I can't get it to do it again when ever I'm at the dealership so they can see what I'm talking about. Plus no check engine light, no codes. Very frustrating. Especially when they say "we have no idea what it is or could be". It's like....umm....don't you work on these cars EVERY SINGLE DAY as it is the career you've chosen?? And I obliviously can't be the first one to have this problem......
I'm in the same spot you are....where to go and what to do next. ¯\(ツ)
If I see, hear, or read anything on a potential solution/fix, I'll will post the info and possibly will work and/or help you out as well!! Keep us updated if you end up with some helpful info as well.

Thanks 🤘🏻

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi. I have a 2015 Altima (125K miles). I am having issues with acceleration after sitting in traffic for a long time. When I push on the accelerator the RPM will go real high but the car will not accelerate. The only fix is pulling to the side of the road shutting the car off and then when I turn it back on it accelerates normally. No leaks visible and no engine lights are on. Happens sporadically and only on highway when in heavy traffic. Any ideas as to cause of the problem are welcomed? Thanks.
Have you ever changed the transmission fluid?

·
Registered
2008 Nissan Altima 2.5z coupe
16 Posts
Hi. I have a 2015 Altima (125K miles). I am having issues with acceleration after sitting in traffic for a long time. When I push on the accelerator the RPM will go real high but the car will not accelerate. The only fix is pulling to the side of the road shutting the car off and then when I turn it back on it accelerates normally. No leaks visible and no engine lights are on. Happens sporadically and only on highway when in heavy traffic. Any ideas as to cause of the problem are welcomed? Thanks.
Mmm your transmission gets hot just like the motor. Try Changing the cvt fuild. when the fuild gets hot it gets thin and wont hardly work. Remember if u get if fixed if it has the cvt ..on take off drive normal. jump off on take off can make the transmission slip. And shit one good slip of the cvt. And the car will be transmission will be shot ...and u sure as hell dont want that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts