The Nissan Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
their is a nissan altima near me it has around 8k miles. its a "s" model. has power seats, bluetooth, steel wheels with covers. It is CPO 1 owner, has no accident, recall, and had warranty. the dealer is asking $15,950 + fees(taxes plates etc.). by the price i thought this is unbelievable because it is 2015 model and CPO. is their something i should be concerned about because other dealers have 2014-2015 Altima 2.5s with over 30,000 miles and selling for over $16.5k.

please reply with your opinion because i will be busy all week and i am going to the dealer to test drive today.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yes, the price is on the low side. I would make sure it isn't a lemon buy back, never had water/hail/etc. damage, etc.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the price is on the low side. I would make sure it isn't a lemon buy back, never had water/hail/etc. damage, etc.
i dont know how to find that, it has clean carfax. and was owned as corporate fleet. its been in the inventory for dealer from 1/15/2016.

·
Not an unregistered user
2,282 Posts
i dont know how to find that, it has clean carfax. and was owned as corporate fleet. its been in the inventory for dealer from 1/15/2016.
Carfax would show a manufacturer buyback. This almost sounds like it was a rental vehicle.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I would personally never purchase a fleet/rental vehicle.

Honestly, $16,000 for a used 2015 S is not THAT GREAT of a deal.
Brand new ones were going for that much around Central Florida.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would personally never purchase a fleet/rental vehicle.

Honestly, $16,000 for a used 2015 S is not THAT GREAT of a deal.
Brand new ones were going for that much around Central Florida.
going fast around central florida. but i live in pennsylvania so i don't want to get into those things. but thanks.

Carfax would show a manufacturer buyback. This almost sounds like it was a rental vehicle.
but on the other hand i was 10 min late. the car is now sold. he said they sell program cars which are only a year old with low miles for low price. they are a well reputed dealer. nearly all the program cars were sold today besides 1 that didnt have cruise control.

so hes going to call me by thursday. fingers crossed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep ur 2010, it's a marginally better vehicle.
Thankyou for giving right advice. Im not selling my 2010. I almost did trade it in last year for camry. But realized that it is not giving me any problems why should i trade in. After all is our (my family's ) first car i am emotionally attached to it and wouldn't trade it for anything. Also it has great handling and unlike newer cars the steering feels great (heavy). It only has 43,100 miles on it and no major service done to it besides new tires and rear brakes (front coming up shortly) and regular oil changes by dealer.

TL:DR,
I love my altima and wouldn't sell it for anything.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thankyou for giving right advice. Im not selling my 2010. I almost did trade it in last year for camry. But realized that it is not giving me any problems why should i trade in. After all is our (my family's ) first car i am emotionally attached to it and wouldn't trade it for anything. Also it has great handling and unlike newer cars the steering feels great (heavy). It only has 43,100 miles on it and no major service done to it besides new tires and rear brakes (front coming up shortly) and regular oil changes by dealer.

TL:DR,
I love my altima and wouldn't sell it for anything.

love my alti too

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...except a lightly used CPO 2015 Altima S, apparently. :grin
Nope i wasn't going to trade in and not going to. Just looking to add another car (which happened to be 2015 altima)in my parking lot for my self/son.

·
Yippee
10 Posts
Car frax

I just received a shock when I casually asked a Nissan dealer what he would give me in trade for my 2013 Altima S. He came back with "We can't take your car in trade; it's been in a bad wreck". Having bought the car as a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned car, with a clean car fax and 6,000 on the clock, I begged to differ, but he produced a fresh Car Fax that stated that the car had had a major accident repair. After rechecking the original purchase documents, I found that the Car Fax that came with the car had been dated three months before I bought it. Needless to say, the selling dealer was VERY cooperative when shown these facts: they bought my 2013 back and made me a deal on a 2015. Moral of the story: make sure the "clean" Car Fax they are showing you was run on the day you are looking at it!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just received a shock when I casually asked a Nissan dealer what he would give me in trade for my 2013 Altima S. He came back with "We can't take your car in trade; it's been in a bad wreck". Having bought the car as a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned car, with a clean car fax and 6,000 on the clock, I begged to differ, but he produced a fresh Car Fax that stated that the car had had a major accident repair. After rechecking the original purchase documents, I found that the Car Fax that came with the car had been dated three months before I bought it. Needless to say, the selling dealer was VERY cooperative when shown these facts: they bought my 2013 back and made me a deal on a 2015. Moral of the story: make sure the "clean" Car Fax they are showing you was run on the day you are looking at it!
Thank you.

Has anyone heard of a program car from the dealerships they have low miles and are sold as certified?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Has anyone heard of a program car from the dealerships they have low miles and are sold as certified?
My 2013 Altima was one of the dealer's service loaners, and I bought it less than one year old with 12k miles for an amazing price. I guess that could be considered a "program car". It now has 90k miles, and I'm more sure than ever that only suckers buy new cars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts