The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. This is my first post and my situation is a little different than the other posts about delayed acceleration.

So my Altima had an issue where the “Max A/C” would turn itself off automatically. My mechanic noticed the compressor was fried and also the “fusebox” (I don’t know if that’s an accurate part name) which he also replaced. Turns out that was a used fusebox and it started having the same issue. He got me a new one and installed it for free. Same problem. He tried again and then finally realized the car needed an “update”?? Huh?? Is that a thing?

So whatever that update was fixed the issue and my a/c is colder than ever and does not shut itself off.

1 day later I’m driving and all of the sudden when I accelerate it revs to 4K rpm and moves very slowly. It takes 10-12 seconds to get up to speed when it would only take a couple seconds before.
My main question is, could that be a coincidence or did this update mess something up? Could it need another update? Any help here would mean a lot.
Thanks in advance!!
Doug

·
Registered
182 Posts
Your mechanic should be cutting meat instead of repairing vehicles. My guess is your current problem is caused by a electrical connector your butcher either forgot to reconnect or broke while "fixing" the AC issue. The fact that the AC does not shut itself off indicates that the system has been altered to function this way now. Get a real mechanic Doug,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, New member here, greetings from South America.
I was about to make a new post to ask for advice on a 2008 Mitsubishi Colt Plus running a jacto f1c1 transmission that does exactly the same thing. Revving but moving very slowly, once it finally gets up to speed there are no weird noises, cvt runs silent.

I did notice the battery terminals corroding excessively in the weeks leading up to this. The shifter has a D(push left for + & -) and Ds mode, Gearbox stopped selecting those, it just goes into reverse or forward after the Last time i cleaned corrosion from the + terminal.

The car now fails to creep on level ground. Sometimes upon startup it does properly engage reverse and creeps after releasing the brakes.

The transmission lug's the engine and does not allow the it to rev up beyond 2250rpm. No check engine light, 4 mechanics have not been able to find error codes.
Torque converter Clutch engages sometimes pulling the engine down to right around 1000rpm.

Sorry for posting about a non nissan, but these cars don't have dedicated forums like nissan's. I hope someone can point me in the right direction to fix this jacto cvt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts