The Nissan Club banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
8 month follow-up to this post: The problem completely went away for about 7 months during the summer. Then towards the end of summer, beginning of fall it retuned. It was doing it on cold mornings and eventually stated doing it upon restart with a warm engine. Car would start and immediately die. Finally I got a code, 0014, over advanced timing. I found out this code generally means there is a problem with one or more of the 3 variable valve timing solenoids. So I changed all three with aftermarket Dorman off Amazon. Bench testing showed the old ones were tired, not the snappy and quick activation of the new ones. Anyway it's been about a month since replacement and not one issue so far. Hope this is now solved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I forgot to mention that this happens much more severely and frequently in cold weather, below 10-20*F especially.
I tryed just adding heat( water remover) to the gas help clean water out of the gas, let it get real low it will fight you! then, the next tank I used 3 oz. upper head cleaner to help that pump with some oil lubbing, had to do this twice in the spring! still going to put new plugs in and the PVC value in! IT'S CHEAP AND EASY AND IT WORKS GOOD LUCK!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts