The Nissan Club banner

2015 Altima Vibration at 1900 RPMs

8K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Poe 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Hope everyone is safe during these times...

As many of you are aware that there is a noticeable vibration at 1900 RPMs for some of the 2013-2015 Altimas. I was putting off fixing this issue until now since it only seems to aggravate during the colder months. Finally, decided to fix it. I have a 2015 2.5SL with 115K miles.

Based on the below video, they suggest getting the part 20611-JA000. Checking Amazon, Nissan Parts Deal, Nissan OEM Parts Website, I am getting mixed answers. Some people on Amazon say that it fits while the parts sites show that this does not fit a 2015 2.5.

There is another part which is equivalent to a 2015 with a 2.5 and that is 20611-3TA0B (on eBay and Nissan OEM Parts Website).

Can someone with a 2015 2.5 confirm which of these (20611-JA000 or 20611-3TA0B) is the right part to fix the vibration?

#4 ·
I went with the 4 washer method and it is a big improvement. You will feel some vibration but only if you are trying to look for it. It is not as obvious as before when everyone in the car noticed it.

All you have to do is put 4 washers on both the bolts between the underbody and the part. You will get those for $2 at any Auto store. (Or go for new the part itself which is $35).

#6 ·
I used eight of 5/16” (M8) washers from AutoZone. Four on each side. You need to place them between the undercarriage and the part just so that the catalytic converter is held slightly lower (the thickness of 4 washers lower to be precise).
This makes the part not brush against itself causing the vibration.

#7 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm going to wait until the temperature is above 40°F before doing this. It's been unseasonably warm and dry (for S E Michigan) so far this winter. I hope this pattern will continue until mid April when spring actually begins here in the not so great white north.

#8 ·
This post was extremely helpful, I had the exact same issue with my 2015 2.5. Unfortunately, after installing the washers I still experiencing the rattle on a test drive.

The CAT itself has an outer shell/shield welded to the it (my guess is some kind of heat shield). It looks like there are brackets/clamps in place to holder the inner and outer parts of the CAT together. What I ended up doing was installing a 2.5" hose clamp around the CAT right in front of the hanging bracket (see photos) and torqued it down as much as I could.

PROBLEM SOLVED! I have driven the car a handful of times since adding the clamp and I have not heard the rattle once. I am unsure if it was the clamp or a combination of the clamp and the washers but this fixed my issue.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.