The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find any info anywhere online on how to do this, so I figured it out by trial and decided to share it. Sorry if somebody else has already posted it.

This work should be carried out by trained professionals, I do not condone anybody else using this as a guide on how to do it yourself. This is merely a journal of my experience doing it myself.

This DIY stereo removal is for the K13 Micra/March and this is the Canadian Model (not sure what or if there are differences between it and others.)

This is what the Stereo looks like in the dash

The first thing you want to do is locate the back of the facia around the radio
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Then you want to pry at it WITH A PLASTIC TRIM REMOVER (don't use a screwdriver it could screw up your trim. I just inserted it enough to create a gap and then gently pulled towards myself working around the edges till it popped free.

It should lean forward but be gentle because there are two wires connected to your hazards and your passenger airbag light.

I undid the passenger airbag light first, I used the smallest blade screwdriver I own to pry the white clip away from the black nib which releases the plug.

Next I removed the hazard plug which has a similar plastic clip but on the right side instead of the left

After that the front facia came right off (be carful the vent ducts come out easily as well, which is ok but the might get scratched if the fall)

Here is the dash without the facia, you can see the wires for the hazards and airbags as well as the two ducts that can fall out as they are free floating.

Now there are four screws attached to brackets on the side of the radio, undo these using a magnetic philips screwdriver so that you don't lose them in the dash. Don't use chewing gum on the end of a flat screwdriver like I did out of laziness.

here

and here

Then there are three separate plugs into the back of the stereo

Two are for the stereo and one is for the radio.

The two white on the left are for the input output and undo by a small clip on the top, and the one on the right in gray is the radio and has a small clip on the left.

If you are using this to put in an aftermarket radio and don't want to go the Nissan-ISO and then ISO to (sony-jvc yada yada yada) then the wiring diagram can be found here https://www.installdr.com/harnesses/nissan-wiring.asp on the bottom half of the pdf and you can simply match it with your aftermarket stereo's wiring and solder and shrink wrap away or whatever.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts