The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, not sure if this is the proper spot but first place I found lol.

I have a 2015 Nissan Sentra SV that I've been having a few problems with. First is a hard brake pedal if inlet the car sit for a while. Like super stiff. It'll still start but the pedal is rock solid. I read something about vacuum but can't find anything about the proper fix for it. Help?

Another, if it's related to vacuum at all, is on occasion I'll get a low rough idle sitting at the light where at times it feels like it wants to shut off. Help, again?

Lastly, I get a CEL when my fuel is between 3/4 and 1/4 of a tank for a "loose gas cap" but I've replaced it and it's still the same story. If it's full or under a quarter it's off or if it's warm it doesn't come on lol. Help again?

Oh actually, also, if I don't let it warm up for a good 5-10 minutes it almost feels as if the tranny doesn't want to shift and after driving a bit it has a strong burning smell. I'm guessing that's related to a failing CVT? I'm hoping it's somewhat normal to allow it to warm up for a while tho? Lol

·
Super Moderator
614 Posts
The hard brake pedal problem and the rough idle are caused by a bad vacuum brake booster or the hose connecting it.

For the CVT problem, first perform a DTC code readout with a portable scan tool to see if any fault codes are set. The tool can be purchased at most auto parts stores or online at Amazon.com. Post the actual codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction.

The CVT fluid should always be replaced every 60,000 mi. When the fluid stays in too long, the chemical properties of the fluid get compromised and it can no longer provide that cushion that's so needed between the steel belt and the cones. You can generally deduce that by looking at the fluid; if it's very dark brown and has a burnt odor, it's shot!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.