The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my 2015 sentra threw a P0101 code recently. After doing some research the issue is likely related to either the MAF sensor or a dirty throttle body. I would like to go about cleaning both (especially because I get a sticky pedal at about 80% throttle), as well as inspecting the whole air intake for issues, cracks, dirt, etc... But I do have a few questions first.
  1. Does anyone know if there is a guide for cleaning the throttle body? I found one for the MAF but it doesn't cover a full cleaning of the TB. The one guide I did find was for an '01 sentra so its a bit out of date.
  2. Some people say don't touch the butterfly valve, others say its fine. Should I remove the TB entirely and clean both sides that way or just put a brick on the gas pedal to open it up and spray both sides with TB cleaner?
  3. People have mentioned there may be a re-learn process that should be done after doing this. Do you know how to initiate this process?
  4. Rumor on the street is P0101 is a permanent code and only clears after the computer performs a long series of self checks. Is there a way to know when these checks have completed? Or is it one of those "if it still appears after a month you still have a problem" things?
  5. Have any of you ever performed this service yourself, any advice, tips, or tricks?
  6. Does anyone recommend any specific products to use for this procedure? I am in Canada so some stuff might not be available.
Dollars are a bit tight right now (thanks COVID) so I would prefer to DIY this and stay away from the dealership if possible. Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I have a 13 SR and was getting the same code. I got some maf spray cleaner and took out maf sprayed it clean and the code clears for a week...a.c. Went out at same time and dealer replaced both the a.c. compressor and the maf sensor. Try cleaning the maf first with the spray and replace air filter also if dirty see if that works

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, my 2015 sentra threw a P0101 code recently. After doing some research the issue is likely related to either the MAF sensor or a dirty throttle body. I would like to go about cleaning both (especially because I get a sticky pedal at about 80% throttle), as well as inspecting the whole air intake for issues, cracks, dirt, etc... But I do have a few questions first.
  1. Does anyone know if there is a guide for cleaning the throttle body? I found one for the MAF but it doesn't cover a full cleaning of the TB. The one guide I did find was for an '01 sentra so its a bit out of date.
  2. Some people say don't touch the butterfly valve, others say its fine. Should I remove the TB entirely and clean both sides that way or just put a brick on the gas pedal to open it up and spray both sides with TB cleaner?
  3. People have mentioned there may be a re-learn process that should be done after doing this. Do you know how to initiate this process?
  4. Rumor on the street is P0101 is a permanent code and only clears after the computer performs a long series of self checks. Is there a way to know when these checks have completed? Or is it one of those "if it still appears after a month you still have a problem" things?
  5. Have any of you ever performed this service yourself, any advice, tips, or tricks?
  6. Does anyone recommend any specific products to use for this procedure? I am in Canada so some stuff might not be available.
Dollars are a bit tight right now (thanks COVID) so I would prefer to DIY this and stay away from the dealership if possible. Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
Hey there. Not sure if you got this taken care off. I literally just took care of this issue on a personal vehicle. I found it best to remove the throttle all together (it was fairly simple) without removing any of the hoses attached. Clean it with a microfiber towel. And the relearn process was simple (i found a video on youtube) also the codes cleared right up after i finished cleaning it. Im still having issues with rpm slightly dropping while driving at highway speeds though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was getting a MAF code on my 2015 Sentra. Started getting a day or so after getting the oil changed.
I looked at it and turned out the dealer didn't close the air filter housing properly when they checked the filter.

Simple check. Just throwing it out there...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts