The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Does anyone knows how many liters of fluids should be filled for both the CVT and Engine?!

Please recommend me some tips to prevent problems in CVT

·
Senior Citzen Member
66 Posts
That should be clearly printed in your owners manual.
The engine oil capacity is in the manual (4.8 liters with filter change) but there is no information about the CVT. As far as how to prevent problems with the CVT, I would like to know that also.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey everyone,

Does anyone knows how many liters of fluids should be filled for both the CVT and Engine?!

Please recommend me some tips to prevent problems in CVT
For the V6 model:
- Engine oil capacity: With oil filter change, 4.8 liters
- CVT fluid capacity: 8.2 liters. Always use the Nissan OEM NS-3 fluid if replacing fluid. Don't use any other aftermarket fluid even if it's cheaper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the V6 model:
- Engine oil capacity: With oil filter change, 4.8 liters
- CVT fluid capacity: 8.2 liters. Always use the Nissan OEM NS-3 fluid if replacing fluid. Don't use any other aftermarket fluid even if it's cheaper.
Thank you, but are you sure ? Is the transmission block bigger than the engine ?

Please give me the reference if you got it, I trust you ?? but I want to be very sure about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Senior Citzen Member
66 Posts
Here's where I got the reference:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Altima/2016 Altima/TM.pdf

I believe that refers to a totally dry CVT, that includes the torque converter. If you're replacing the fluid in the tranny only, it might be 1/2 that amount. Unfortunately the FSM does not state that. Ask a Nissan dealer.
According to the information that you (rogoman) supplied it takes approximately 3 liters to do a drain and refill. That was a great find and explains a lot, thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts