The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a white 2016 Maxima SR, took it for the 1st check up and been told there a re-call on some 2016 Maxima's to fix a seal on the fuel pump due to fire risk on a crash. Now the car jerks on low speeds. Can anyone please advice is this from the new seal fix or something else..?? I have read on some forums that this could be either the throttle setting or the CVT.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just bought a white 2016 Maxima SR, took it for the 1st check up and been told there a re-call on some 2016 Maxima's to fix a seal on the fuel pump due to fire risk on a crash. Now the car jerks on low speeds. Can anyone please advice is this from the new seal fix or something else..?? I have read on some forums that this could be either the throttle setting or the CVT.
Nissanhelp.com Forums

Classification: Date:
AT15-005b September 10, 2015
PATHFINDER, QUEST, MURANO, MAXIMA, ALTIMA V6 CVT JUDDER AND DTC P17F0 OR P17F1 STORED

If you confirm: The customer reports a transmission judder (shake, shudder, single or multiple bumps or vibration)

Mine was built 02/16 and haven't experienced it. Basically they will either replace the Control valve assembly or the entire CVT depending on nature of the behavior / code stored in the computer.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I would not wait . Have them to work in order to find your issue , it s not an old car , I would have them to fix this on the fastest possible time .

·
Registered
4 Posts
A little late for my comment and some wont care for it but...the best thing you can do is NEVER take your car back to a dealership or any other auto shop. I believe they have the same mentality as all auto shops...they make money on your cars "perceived/contrived defects". No dealership will ever see our platinum maxima. One great thing about the cars of this day is they are virtually bullet proof. Keep your oil changed and good tires on it. YMMV n GL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts