The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I absolutely love my altima, but it is really being a pain in the a**! There is a clunking sound in the drivers side rear. This is going to be hard to describe, but I don’t believe it’s a strut related issue. When I’m driving and I start to turn left and hit a bump the car makes a clunk noise. Also, it will make the noise if I hit a really hard bump driving normally. The sound is located specifically on the right side. I have tried taking the spare tire out, the sound is still there! I have looked at the strut and everything is perfectly fine, like brand new! Has anyone else experienced this clunk sound, it’s extremely irritating! Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have and it was the sound of a worn rear shock. Also on the same side of the car just like you discribed in your post. Replaced rear Shocks with a pair of KYB's. Noise issue resolved. How many miles are on your Altima? If you are at or above 90xxx might be a good time to replace both Shocks and Struts. From what I have learned about this car seems like the shocks and struts fail around 90xxx miles or so. Shocks and struts should also be inspected for wear and damage every 50xxx miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts