·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.. Can someone comment on this deal?

Car : 2016 Nissan Altima S
Packages: None
Color: Storm Blue with Charcoal interior
Options: Power Driver Seat, Splash Guard, Body Side Moldings, Bumper Chrome Protector, Floor mats

MSRP : 24,775$
Incentives and rebates : -$5915

MSRP less Discounts : $18860
Doc fee : $399
Nitrogen Protection Package : $199
6.25% tax and 135$ title fee

OTD : $20810 with a 2.4% loan with NMAC

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi.. Can someone comment on this deal?

Car : 2016 Nissan Altima S
Packages: None
Color: Storm Blue with Charcoal interior
Options: Power Driver Seat, Splash Guard, Body Side Moldings, Bumper Chrome Protector, Floor mats

MSRP : 24,775$
Incentives and rebates : -$5915

MSRP less Discounts : $18860
Doc fee : $399
Nitrogen Protection Package : $199
6.25% tax and 135$ title fee

OTD : $20810 with a 2.4% loan with NMAC
decent if u can pay it off asap otherwise i go with carson nissan

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/at...ut-new-car-screenshot-2016-04-07-20.01.47.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jin,

Thanks for your reply. I'm in MA, so Carson won't help me. I can pay it off soon.
Also, is $199 Nitrogen Protection Fee compulsory? The dealer says it is not negotiable.

·
Not an unregistered user
2,282 Posts
Not bad. I've seen some SV's go for about $1000 more, though. That's crap about the nitrogen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Not bad. I've seen some SV's go for about $1000 more, though. That's crap about the nitrogen.
Thanks TheRupp.

The dealer says $199 is
1. Put nitrogen in tyres
2. 1 year warranty on the tires
3. 24 roadside assistance,
4. free towing for 1 year(15 miles)
5. 24 hr flat tire change, jump start, lockout service.

I've all of that except (1 & 2) already covered in my insurance. I walked out yesterday saying - I don't need this stuff. Take the charge off or else I walk out. Dealer responded today saying - the fee is not negotiable and if I want the deal done, it has to be done today. Should I just call his bluff and not bother until he budges? I don't really need a car immediately. Do you suggest waiting?

·
Registered
308 Posts
^for what it's worth, I'd "call his bluff". Sounds like a scare tactic to me and I'd bet you can find a similar or better deal elsewhere if need be. If possible I'd recommend waiting until the end of the month. It's also the end of the 1st quarter and possibly they'll have to meet a sales quota. Either way you don't want to buy because you feel forced to. Best of luck on your new purchase!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^for what it's worth, I'd "call his bluff". Sounds like a scare tactic to me and I'd bet you can find a similar or better deal elsewhere if need be. If possible I'd recommend waiting until the end of the month. It's also the end of the 1st quarter and possibly they'll have to meet a sales quota. Either way you don't want to buy because you feel forced to. Best of luck on your new purchase!
Thanks LowFro50. As I mentioned, I really don't need a car for another 1.5 months. I will be calling his bluff and not bothering to do the deal today.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks TheRupp.

The dealer says $199 is
1. Put nitrogen in tyres
2. 1 year warranty on the tires
3. 24 roadside assistance,
4. free towing for 1 year(15 miles)
5. 24 hr flat tire change, jump start, lockout service.

I've all of that except (1 & 2) already covered in my insurance. I walked out yesterday saying - I don't need this stuff. Take the charge off or else I walk out. Dealer responded today saying - the fee is not negotiable and if I want the deal done, it has to be done today. Should I just call his bluff and not bother until he budges? I don't really need a car immediately. Do you suggest waiting?
Yes, call his bluff. It's a pure profit BS charge, and they know it. This is why I hate car dealers.

When they call you back and offer to remove the charge, tell them to stuff it. If they're this big of a PIA now, imagine how much fun they'll be later.

·
My Other Ride is Your Mom
67 Posts
Yes, call his bluff. It's a pure profit BS charge, and they know it. This is why I hate car dealers.

When they call you back and offer to remove the charge, tell them to stuff it. If they're this big of a PIA now, imagine how much fun they'll be later.
Even better, when they do call back ask for an itemized copy of their best offer so you can cut out any other BS charges. I'm all for paying a fair price for a vehicle (and it looks like you have a good deal), but when they start pushing fees like this along with other gimmicks like the undercoating/rustproofing, it makes the whole negotiation process tedious.

I've done most of the footwork on my last two new purchases via the internet specifically to avoid this type of sales tactic, and it made for a 30 minute transaction at the dealer on both occasions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts