The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I'm new to your forum and just wanted to say hello! ....and beg for help from the collective!.
I'm a former Vietnam F4-J Avionics Marine, retired corporate sales guy and I just bought a nice low mileage super clean little 2016 Sentra SV.
Sure I'll share the details!
My Great little Prius C got totaled last week after a knucklehead passed between me and the car behind me. Unfortunately he miscalculated the distance and caught the left rear corner of my car, put me sideways on the Interstate and into the concrete guardrail. Yelp...
I was a bit more dazed and confused than usual for a while, but am generally ok. Yes, the car was totaled. will post pics when you let me.

So anyway after looking at other Prii, Rogues, etc and deciding that I didn't want to spend 17k-22K for used a car to mostly sit under my carport,
I found a very gently used 2016 Sentra SV, which leads me to you.

In my past sales life I drove all sorts of stuff, but thinking back on BMW once upon a time, they had 3 or 4 different levels of oem in-car audio.
The base one was just a head unit and 2 speakers.
Then they moved to a head unit and bug nasty amp onto a giant underseat woofers a bunch of speakers etc.

Anyway the cars were wired for all of the systems, and they simply plugged the optional stuff in at the factory.

I'm wondering if Nissan maybe does something similar.
My car has kind of a lame little head unit, and am hoping that maybe a
2013-2018 Nissan Sentra Versa Factory OEM NissanConnect® GPS Navigation Radio Installation
might work I'm really liking the Android Auto idea to have Waze on the display...

I'm ok with rewiring and can use a meter and trace wires if need be, but the older i get I get lazy so if you have any thoughts please share them with me...

Oh< wait ,I'm also thinking that adding the SL stuff like blind spot warning and lane change notification would be cool. After all there's got to be a bunch of Sentras in junk yards, simply cause there's bunches of Sentras.

thanks very much waltinbatonrouge

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,728 Posts
Welcome Waltin! For starters, you're gonna need this. I'm happy to help you out along the way...but don't count on Nissan putting all the wires in regardless of the trim level...as a rule of thumb they don't. But don't let that stop you! It didn't stop me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Waltin! For starters, you're gonna need this. I'm happy to help you out along the way...but don't count on Nissan putting all the wires in regardless of the trim level...as a rule of thumb they don't. But don't let that stop you! It didn't stop me!
thank you thank you!!! lemme look over it ok lets see now....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all thinking back on this proposed project..i decided to forgo the check writing and pickup of the SV and spring for the SL version for about $2500 more and forget the 50+ hours of collecting, sweating and forum scouring......But thanks for the advice and thoughts...maybe in my younger days when i had more money then time...not so much anymore...adios...all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all thinking back on this proposed project..i decided to forgo the check writing and pickup of the SV and spring for the SL version for about $2500 more and forget the 50+ hours of collecting, sweating and forum scouring......But thanks for the advice and thoughts...maybe in my younger days when i had more money then time...not so much anymore...adios...all
oops got it backward, more time than money then,

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,728 Posts
All good. I think you made the right call.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts