The Nissan Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to service my 2013 Altima SL & while waiting, I wandered around the dealership to check out the 2016's. A salesman approached, we chatted & he showed me their inventory at another location. After an hour or so, I ended up with a 2016 Altima SL for only $4.00 more on my payment. So far, (only two days & 36 miles) I love it. I was trying to detect the little vibration at 1500 rpm I felt in my 2013 but I couldn't. I like the new safety features like the "Blind Spot" monitoring & auto accident avoidance radar. The new-style wheels are nice. I got the Pearl White. I didn't want the black interior but that comes with the White. I was concerned about the heat with the black interior but...that air conditioner really kicks butt! It also has a sunroof, which I don't care for but...whatever....that model has them. Since I'm a musician, I have to have the upgraded Bose sound system which is only available in the SL (I think). For a factory stereo, it's pretty good.

I noticed a couple of improvements right away. My 2013 leaned too much when turning. The 2016 has a much-firmer suspension - better handling & the steering isn't as light & has no play. And the weak door stops in my 2013 are now gone; no more opening the door, starting to get out & the door closes on you. :grin

·
Altima Fanboy
3 Posts
Almost did this recently when taking my 2015 to get serviced. Found a 2016 Altima with the SL trim with the Gun Metallic paint which is what I originally wanted but settled for Pearl White on my 2015 (also SL). I do prefer and currently have the charcoal interior but I noticed the 2016 has a lighter gray stitching in the leather which I think is a NICE touch to the interior. Maybe I'll talk to my salesman for a future trade.

I have to agree with the slight vibration at 1500 RPM. It isn't that annoying but definitely noticeable. I have a love/hate relationship with the CVT.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Only $4.00 more on your monthly payment. .. but how much money did you already put towards the 2013.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I went to service my 2013 Altima SL & while waiting, I wandered around the dealership to check out the 2016's. A salesman approached, we chatted & he showed me their inventory at another location. After an hour or so, I ended up with a 2016 Altima SL for only $4.00 more on my payment. So far, (only two days & 36 miles) I love it. I was trying to detect the little vibration at 1500 rpm I felt in my 2013 but I couldn't. I like the new safety features like the "Blind Spot" monitoring & auto accident avoidance radar. The new-style wheels are nice. I got the Pearl White. I didn't want the black interior but that comes with the White. I was concerned about the heat with the black interior but...that air conditioner really kicks butt! It also has a sunroof, which I don't care for but...whatever....that model has them. Since I'm a musician, I have to have the upgraded Bose sound system which is only available in the SL (I think). For a factory stereo, it's pretty good.

I noticed a couple of improvements right away. My 2013 leaned too much when turning. The 2016 has a much-firmer suspension - better handling & the steering isn't as light & has no play. And the weak door stops in my 2013 are now gone; no more opening the door, starting to get out & the door closes on you.
This is terrable for 2 reasons first there is no pics for us and 2nd how could you only drive that sweet ride 36 miles in two days.
Congrads on a sweet ride.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
This is terrable for 2 reasons first there is no pics for us and 2nd how could you only drive that sweet ride 36 miles in two days.
Congrads on a sweet ride.
I don't understand the obsession on this forum for pictures, however, I found you pictures of the 2016 Nissan Altima SL in Pearl White.

His new car looks just like this.

2016 Nissan Altima Photos & Colors | Nissan USA

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Almost did this recently when taking my 2015 to get serviced. Found a 2016 Altima with the SL trim with the Gun Metallic paint which is what I originally wanted but settled for Pearl White on my 2015 (also SL). I do prefer and currently have the charcoal interior but I noticed the 2016 has a lighter gray stitching in the leather which I think is a NICE touch to the interior. Maybe I'll talk to my salesman for a future trade.

I have to agree with the slight vibration at 1500 RPM. It isn't that annoying but definitely noticeable. I have a love/hate relationship with the CVT.
While I'm not a power & acceleration guy, I do find the CVT weird. With my 2013, when I'm going up the freeway onramp & I hit the gas, it would hesitate before accelerating. But if the CVT is how the car gets such great mpg, it's OK with me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like it. It's not a drastic change; it's rather subtle. I'm more impressed with the new safety features & firmer suspension.

·
Registered
364 Posts
$1,000 down, $350/month. I'd say not bad for a car with a sticker price of $32,000.
Tough to tell from that information. Assuming you purchased and didn't lease, I'm assuming your term is at least 72 months, which sucks by any stretch of the imagination.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
36-month lease. I always lease. I like to change cars every 2-3 years & it makes trade in simpler. I don't drive much, so it works out well for me - no "Excess Mileage" charges & lots of flexibility. Even when there is excess mileage, if you're getting another car - same brand they'll waive the excess mileage charge.

If you purchase a $32,000.00 car & want a low payment, you'll have to make a huge down payment.

And when you purchase a car, you don't own it anyway until you have the pink slip & that usually takes several years of payments & interest.

·
2015 Nissan Altima S 2.5
225 Posts

I am moving (having a townhouse built) at the end of the year.....and I will be just 14 miles from work instead of 33. I will also - YAY! - have a garage.

If I can get the money to work right (no more child support payments after this September, either), the 2017 models will be out and available. It may be time to consider selling (or trading) my 2015, which will have about 30,000 miles on it by then.

I did not like the 2016 models at first, but they've kind of grown on me. If they worked out some of the CVT gremlins, perhaps another Altima might be on the docket.

P.S. I have leased two vehicles in my life and would consider doing it again if the terms were right. You really have to do your homework, though, and watch your miles driven.

·
Registered
286 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts