The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Nissan Altima 3.5SL with Bose System and OEM navigation that I want to switch the radio on to an Android one. The problem I keep running into is the air vents. Every vendor I contact says I can't install the radio because my air vents are bigger than the 2016 and under. I have seen some radios with and without the air vent face plate and can see they are smaller. How can I not install the radio without the air vent face plate if all the current Nissan radios are the same size.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2017 Nissan Altima 3.5SL with Bose System and OEM navigation that I want to switch the radio on to an Android one. The problem I keep running into is the air vents. Every vendor I contact says I can't install the radio because my air vents are bigger than the 2016 and under. I have seen some radios with and without the air vent face plate and can see they are smaller. How can I not install the radio without the air vent face plate if all the current Nissan radios are the same size. View attachment 99799 View attachment 99800
Sorry for responding so late:
You'll need to buy a used 2013-2015 center air vent off ebay or salvage yard and remove the interior part of the vent, the two air vents themselves unclip from the assembly and clip into the andriod unit housing. Just be careful removing the airvents from the housing as the tabs can break off easily

1 - 2 of 2 Posts