The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I recently purchased a 2017 Altima SR and forgot to add the LED headlight package. What are my options now? Can I purchase the LED OEM headlight with DLR and install. If so would it be plug and play? If not anyone have any advice. Thank you in advance! OneLove

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did ask my dealer but I don't know if they are fully educated on the 2017 models. Also there is a video of lightwerkz installing SR LEDs on a 2017 Altima SV. Didn't know if it would be plug and play or a mod was needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The lightwerkz video was my car. 2016 SV. The headlights are swappable for 16/17. The only difference is the DRL (day time running light strip) won't work continuously as a DRL. It will work when the Headlight is on or parking lights are on in the dimmed mode. But you won't have a true DRL running all the time when the car is running. Dealers don't know s**t. They say the model number is different but don't know why.

I did ask my dealer but I don't know if they are fully educated on the 2017 models. Also there is a video of lightwerkz installing SR LEDs on a 2017 Altima SV. Didn't know if it would be plug and play or a mod was needed.
No, it's not plug and play. It can be done, but you'll need a new harness, and wiring diagrams. I have a friend who has an S model, who is in the process up doing the modifications. It's not cheap.
You do not need a new harness. You have posted in a few threads saying it's extremely difficult. I know for a fact it is not. They do sell a subharness from the LED equipped models that you can have wired in but that's a lot of work and money to just have a DRL when the headlight is off.

Swapping the headlights is essentially plug and play. Minus the DRL, it's the only thing that requires extra work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone! I recently purchased a 2017 Altima SR and forgot to add the LED headlight package. What are my options now? Can I purchase the LED OEM headlight with DLR and install. If so would it be plug and play? If not anyone have any advice. Thank you in advance! OneLove
Why do you think you need install LED bulbs. You do not need it in a city. It's too bright and not respectful to another drivers down road! Get HID kit. Light spectrum of xenon is gentle and enough bright to see everything in front of car but not blind others.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Reading this hurt my brain. These are OEM LED headlights, they won't blind anyone if installed correctly. They come factory on many nissans and other brands.

Respecting other drivers lol. If you put HIDs in a halogen housing the backing of the headlight will reflect the HIDs and blind other drivers. When you see someone's bright blue "glowing" headlight because the light isnt being focused onto the street it's bouncing around reflecting off everything in the headlight. Just google and you'll see why HIDs without a full on retrofit is a bad idea.

Why do you think you need install LED bulbs. You do not need it in a city. It's too bright and not respectful to another drivers down road! Get HID kit. Light spectrum of xenon is gentle and enough bright to see everything in front of car but not blind others.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Reading this hurt my brain. These are OEM LED headlights, they won't blind anyone if installed correctly. They come factory on many nissans and other brands.

Respecting other drivers lol. If you put HIDs in a halogen housing the backing of the headlight will reflect the HIDs and blind other drivers. When you see someone's bright blue "glowing" headlight because the light isnt being focused onto the street it's bouncing around reflecting off everything in the headlight. Just google and you'll see why HIDs without a full on retrofit is a bad idea.
Read in google difference between LED, Xenon (HID) and Halogen light. You should choose proper temperature of bulb like by 5000K to avoid blind others. It's dangerous to neglect it. Many people think the brighter headlight the better road view. They don't care about others on a road. And there are a lot morons who use high beam in a city that prohibited everywhere in city use.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dude these are OEM LED headlights WITH LED DRL. They were plug and play and I love them. Way better than stock halogen. For me the blue light helps me see better and keeps me awake. I'll post pictures tonight

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dude these are OEM LED headlights WITH LED DRL. They were plug and play and I love them. Way better than stock halogen. For me the blue light helps me see better and keeps me awake. I'll post pictures tonight
So to be clear you bought the OEM LED headlights from Nissan and they were plug and play? Did everything work including the DRL?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I hope all is well. I want to upgrade my 2017 Nissan Altima S from halogen to LED and RDL LED OEM. So, does it work? I know that the OEM LED headlight has an extra plug, do you connect leave it alone? And also, the regular plug has an extra pin, will it still work without doing anything to it? I don’t care to much if the RDL LED do not work as RDL, I can turn my parking lights on fir that!!! Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, it's not plug and play. It can be done, but you'll need a new harness, and wiring diagrams. I
No, it's not plug and play. It can be done, but you'll need a new harness, and wiring diagrams. I have a friend who has an S model, who is in the process up doing the modifications. It's not cheap.
[/QUOTE
The lightwerkz video was my car. 2016 SV. The headlights are swappable for 16/17. The only difference is the DRL (day time running light strip) won't work continuously as a DRL. It will work when the Headlight is on or parking lights are on in the dimmed mode. But you won't have a true DRL running all the time when the car is running. Dealers don't know s**t. They say the model number is different but don't know why.

You do not need a new harness. You have posted in a few threads saying it's extremely difficult. I know for a fact it is not. They do sell a subharness from the LED equipped models that you can have wired in but that's a lot of work and money to just have a DRL when the headlight is off.

Swapping the headlights is essentially plug and play. Minus the DRL, it's the only thing that requires extra work.
Can you hard wire the LED lights to the fog lights?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts