The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always kept my keys in my purse, and after having a baby they moved to the diaper bag and that's where they have lived. When I came to my car, I used passenger door button twice to unlock all the doors, shut that door and opened the rear passenger door and put my baby in the car, then shut that door. I went to the back, opened it put the stroller and the diaper bag in the trunk and used the button on the hatch to close the trunk. The car made no sounds, immediately went to the drivers door and it was locked. I was confused, thought maybe only the passenger door was unlocked so I checked that door - also locked. All the doors were locked, and the hatch as well, with the keys and my BABY inside. Luckily it was not that hot, so I didn't have to immediately break a window, but I still had to listen to my baby cry for 30 minutes as I waited for a tow truck to come and get into my car. The whole time trying every handle, pressing every button (and it beeping that the keys were inside). The tow truck driver was able to quickly slim jim his way in, and I got my baby covered in sweat from crying for 30 minutes out of the car. While waiting, my brother had also gone to my house to get my spare key to see who would get there first. Once he was there, we tried to replicate the situation thinking the fob must have been hit when I put the bag in the trunk locking it. But anytime I locked it, then closed the hatch the car would beep and all the doors would unlock. I don't understand how it could have happened, and why when it did it had to be when my baby was in the car.
I called nissan and they added it to my file (??) and told me to call my local dealer service. When I explained what happened to service, he was pretty nonchalant and said I could bring it in for them to look at it, but if I couldn't replicate it why do I think they could, and what would I like done.
I don't know what I would like them to do, but I think it's bullsh!t that it happened, especially with my baby in the car. I've tried searching to see if it's happened to anyone else with no results

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
You put the car in control of you and never do that. The cars can out of the blue short a lock to make them all lock and Nissan will simply talk you to death over it. BTDT. Seen them unlocked and 30 seconds later they all lock while I'm watching. No button, nothing touched at all.

Keep keys, fob, (BOTH) on your PERSON ALWAYS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts