The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2018 Altima SL 2.5 and was wondering if the headlights were supposed to come on as DRLs when in drive. Only one of my fog lights come on with the lights on Auto and the fog light switch On, but I have figured out that it is just a burnt out bulb (I know there are two bulbs in each fog light, one normal and one DRL). I've had someone else get in and put it in drive to see if the headlights come on and they do not. This could be normal, but i'm pretty sure they're supposed to automatically come on?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I just bought a 2018 Altima SL 2.5 and was wondering if the headlights were supposed to come on as DRLs when in drive. Only one of my fog lights come on with the lights on Auto and the fog light switch On, but I have figured out that it is just a burnt out bulb (I know there are two bulbs in each fog light, one normal and one DRL). I've had someone else get in and put it in drive to see if the headlights come on and they do not. This could be normal, but i'm pretty sure they're supposed to automatically come on?
Thanks in advance!
Take a look at the 2018 Nissan Altima Owners Manual, page 2-38, Instruments and Control.
You either have Type A or Type B.
I believe you have Type A.

DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS (DRL) SYSTEM (Type A)

The Daytime Running Lights (DRL) portion of the fog light assembly automatically illuminates when the engine is started with the parking brake released. The DRL operate with the headlight switch in the OFF position. Turn the headlight switch to the position for full illumination when driving at night. (The DRL will turn off.) If the parking brake is applied before the engine is started, the DRL do not illuminate. The DRL illuminate once the parking brake is released. The DRL will remain on until the ignition switch is placed in the OFF position. It is necessary at dusk to turn the headlight switch ON for interior controls and switches to illuminate, as those remain OFF while the switch is in the OFF position

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take a look at the 2018 Nissan Altima Owners Manual, page 2-38, Instruments and Control.
You either have Type A or Type B.
I believe you have Type A.

DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS (DRL) SYSTEM (Type A)

The Daytime Running Lights (DRL) portion of the fog light assembly automatically illuminates when the engine is started with the parking brake released. The DRL operate with the headlight switch in the OFF position. Turn the headlight switch to the position for full illumination when driving at night. (The DRL will turn off.) If the parking brake is applied before the engine is started, the DRL do not illuminate. The DRL illuminate once the parking brake is released. The DRL will remain on until the ignition switch is placed in the OFF position. It is necessary at dusk to turn the headlight switch ON for interior controls and switches to illuminate, as those remain OFF while the switch is in the OFF position

Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!
After looking through the manual I went out and tried it. I set my phone up and recorded when I started the car, had the parking brake off, turned the lights to the off position, and put it in drive. They still did not turn on. Is there some kind of DRL fuse or module? If so where is it located? I've looked all over the internet and it seems as though this is a very common question but not a lot of answers for it.
Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts