The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see that 2018 Altima has Android Auto and Apple Carplay

I do not see why 2016 models and 2017 models can't get software upgrades for that feature

Let's keep this thread alive and updated

Please share any information if someone successfully upgrades their 2016, 2017 Altima software to 2018 model year version with Android Auto and Apple Carplay

:smile

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,555 Posts
So I see that 2018 Altima has Android Auto and Apple Carplay

I do not see why 2016 models and 2017 models can't get software upgrades for that feature

Let's keep this thread alive and updated

Please share any information if someone successfully upgrades their 2016, 2017 Altima software to 2018 model year version with Android Auto and Apple Carplay

:smile
The only s/w update I've ever seen for a Nissan radio was for the NAV side of things. Keep in mind that the 'audio system' is usually designed the year before the model release, and may last well into the generation. For instance the Gen 4 Altimas (which I know quite well) had 2006 technology for the 07-09 years, then 2009 tech was put in for 2010-2012. Which is why, even in 2012 the Bluetooth functionality came from a small metal box in the trunk! So, your 2016-2017 models have 2015 tech which predates those two technologies...probably in hardware as well as software. GFL.

Unless something has changed massively, your options are 'go aftermarket' or see if the 2018 unit fits mechanically (which is what I did for my '09 by putting a '12 unit in)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah I spoke with a few people at the dealer and the main office, as of now they have no plans to upgrade older (2017 and before) radios with new features or apps. It was pretty disappointing but ended up going aftermarket and I'm much happier :smile

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread but Crator1349 what type of aftermarket system did you go with. I have a thread up for suggestion for my 2016 Altima.

Thanks in advance.

·
Just keep it clean baby!
232 Posts
Downloadable upgrade isn’t happening. I have the same issue with my wife’s impala. She has a 2014 and the 2017s have car play. I can see if the body style changed but it hasn’t.
This day in age with downloadable updates for everything and they want us to buy a whole new unit for a simple feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Just keep it clean baby!
232 Posts
Not to mention. They gave me an update a year after buying my 14 Altima that gave me rewind and pause live radio

·
Registered
9 Posts
d0ugmac1,

I've read some of your other posts about the head-unit swap and I did have a question. I have a 2017 Altima 3.5 SL and I was wondering if the head-unit from the 2018 Altima would be a straight swap? This in theory would allow me to have Android Auto. I can't imagine that any of the pins or harnesses being any different, if the only change in the HU is more software than hardware. Thoughts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't reckon Nissan is gonna ever make it, since it's the only thing differs the 18 model from the 17 ones, unless it's OK for them to upset the 18 model owners :) Now, they are working on launching the new 19 models, and they say to you " old models owners please p**s off, we don't have any spare time for you moaning about anything"

·
Just keep it clean baby!
232 Posts
Wait wait wait you can rewind and pause XM radio? Do you have the tech package? Did the update cost anything?

Yes, you can choose up to 6 stations to pause/rewind. I have the radio with nav. It was free because they updated it under warranty. I’m sure you can pay the dealer to have it done.

·
Just keep it clean baby!
232 Posts
I have a 13 altima and the two dealers i called knew nothing about it

It’s a tsb update that is supposed to help with the screen freeze issue and that feature is included. I transferred my xm subscription to my other car because I don’t drive my Altima daily. But you can see in the pic below the setup and replay button that is added after the update.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the super late reply. I had no issues with lockout codes.
Used the following video as a guide to remove

Installed this Android radio
How did you install this radio?!? You have the bigger air vents than previous models like I do. Everywhere I look it says I have to replace my air vents as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts