The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just over 36,000 on my 2018 Altima and I encounter an intermittent issue with my frontal collision warning sytem turning off. It happens sporadically and only lasts for a few minutes after which it's fully functionality again. My Altima has had this issue since it was new. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
ours is doing that now only 900 miles on it, radio looses presets, clock looses time once key is turned off, we had a 2013 maxima that was 10x the car that this one is

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
If you get any raindrops on one they can easily do it. Rain scatters the radar return signal. It then shuts down for a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you get any raindrops on one they can easily do it. Rain scatters the radar return signal. It then shuts down for a bit.
Mine does it whether it's rain or shine. But when it does rain it is constantly deactivating and reactivating even in very light rain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine does it whether it's rain or shine. But when it does rain it is constantly deactivating and reactivating even in very light rain.
Mine had same problem. This is a defect. Contact dealer for diagnostic service. Mine was replaced under warranty . Good luck.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
You didn't say the replacement cured the problem.................the owner manual clearly mentions it. Only somebody who does not understand how radar works thinks it should work 100% of the time. Even million dollar aircraft and billion dollar ships and the latest trick band weather radar have trouble in rain. Thinking Nissan can do better? Priceless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You didn't say the replacement cured the problem.................the owner manual clearly mentions it. Only somebody who does not understand how radar works thinks it should work 100% of the time. Even million dollar aircraft and billion dollar ships and the latest trick band weather radar have trouble in rain. Thinking Nissan can do better? Priceless.
I guess I don't know what your question/comment means. After they replaced the sensor, I don't have the erroneous occurrences anymore. Typically it only disables when it snows and I have snow or ice build-up on the front of my car. It seems to operate just fine at all other times. Nothing like it was before. Before it would just randomly go off in dry conditions--and frequently. Oddly, in this one location in my commute I could almost guarantee it would go off nearly each day. Anyway, the replacement fixed my problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts