The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, we have owned this car since new- Upgraded from a 2011 Murano (as we were happy)
BUT this car has not been so reliable, if not for factory recalls to rattles in the interior
in Sept with 25,000 km (15,500 miles)- started to run rough, came up with a P0303 code
Turned out to be a cracked spark plug- but not under warranty and cost $ 620.00 from the dealer- just to change the plug and two gaskets
when we got her home i checked the oil( had 4,000 km on it) it was black and a quart down
so I changed it and the filter
most likely burning oil before the plug failed, as the moment the plug failed we when straight to the shop
now we are at about 1,000 Km(600 miles)- the oil is 1/2 a quart down, the exhaust is black
She is burning oil
any thoughts on what could be wrong before I put her up for sale
another user stated it could be PCV - how probable could this be

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm not very familiar with that vehicle, but 2 very important things come to mind with all newer cars now. 1 Motor oil that is crazy thin or light viscosity, that will promote oil consumption. 2 Direct injection that can thin that thin oil even more.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I'm not very familiar with that vehicle, but 2 very important things come to mind with all newer cars now. 1. Motor oil that is crazy thin or light viscosity, that will promote oil consumption. 2 Direct injection that can thin that thin oil even more.
If that is the case, shouldn't all cars, trucks and SUV's that use 'crazy thin or light viscosity motor oil' have oil consumption problems?

Here is more discussion, as paul-8337 posted the same question twice.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If that is the case, shouldn't all cars, trucks and SUV's that use 'crazy thin or light viscosity motor oil' have oil consumption problems?

Here is more discussion, as paul-8337 posted the same question twice.
Most of them do. As well as timing chain stretch, low oil pressure and all that fun stuff. Just look at all the problems with the Mopar hemi, the gm truck engines and on and on.
Bad engineering and thin oils.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts