The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just got a 2019 Nissan Altima SL automatic with 28k miles. Second day I have it a clicking sound became noticeable coming from under the hood. When parked I shift to reverse or drive and the click happens 1 second after completing the gear selection. Then it clicks again when driving, most noticeable going from 30-35 and slowing down. At 35mph I take my foot off the accelerator and then it’s like it’s downshifting and I hear a click/clank.

Anyone else have this sound?

Also the volume knob on the screen is on the fritz and won’t adjust the volume correctly. It jumps around from 0-4 to 15-30 in a split second.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The volume knob issue I've seen before. It's going to need a new head unit. No clue on the clicking. It's still under warranty. I'd bring it in ASAP before 36k.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mechanic fixed it in 5 minutes! It’s a bolt at the end of the axel that had to be tightened. No noise and works perfect now.

I’ll take it in to the dealer to get the head unit replaced since it is under warranty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I had the same problem and they ordered a new radio. It cost them 8k for a dumb radio unit but cost me nothing. If you have a 2019 it’s under warranty so I’d make a trip to the dealer as long as you have less than 36,0000 miles. I was so relieved that they fixed it. It’s a small issue cause I can use the steering wheel but the car is way too new to be having problems like that.

Hey everyone, just got a 2019 Nissan Altima SL automatic with 28k miles. Second day I have it a clicking sound became noticeable coming from under the hood. When parked I shift to reverse or drive and the click happens 1 second after completing the gear selection. Then it clicks again when driving, most noticeable going from 30-35 and slowing down. At 35mph I take my foot off the accelerator and then it’s like it’s downshifting and I hear a click/clank.

Anyone else have this sound?

Also the volume knob on the screen is on the fritz and won’t adjust the volume correctly. It jumps around from 0-4 to 15-30 in a split second.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mechanic fixed it in 5 minutes! It’s a bolt at the end of the axel that had to be tightened. No noise and works perfect now.

I’ll take it in to the dealer to get the head unit replaced since it is under warranty
im having same problem click clank sound when i put it in reverse and at 35

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks for putting that info up in the forum i was haveing the same click going on everytime the engine downshifted into first gear so because of your info i took my impact gun to the driver front axle nut and hammered down on it problem solved no more clocking thanks again for posting ❤👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for putting that info up in the forum i was haveing the same click going on everytime the engine downshifted into first gear so because of your info i took my impact gun to the driver front axle nut and hammered down on it problem solved no more clocking thanks again for posting ❤👍
Donbalz02, I had the same problem, they performed a TSB nt 12-055 where they pulled the axle shaft back slightly from the hub added molycoat grease and replace the hub nut. It fixed it, but ever since that i have vibration at 61 - 65 mph in the floorboard, pedals, bottom steering wheel. I even replaced tires with new OEM tires and paid the dealer to re-balance the new tires. It is still there on a long flat freeway. Any ideas??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts