The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks -

I just purchased a 2019 Nissan Fog Lights and I wanted to install fog lights. I noticed that the wiring harness for the fog lights are taped up behind the bumper but Nissan does not sell or provide the fog lights for the SR model. The guy at the parts counter said I could buy all the stuff separately and wire them in but I am wondering if there is a way to use the wiring harness. I didnt know if maybe connecting the lights and putting the new light switch in with the fog light switch would make it work.

I appreciate any advice anyone may have.

Best,
JR.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,000 Posts
The fog lights for the SR are sold by Nissan Parts Warehouse, but they deactivate the DRL :(
Help me understand. By deactivate, you mean permanently, or just that the DRL function of the low-beams is switched off when the fogs are switched on by the IPDM? If the latter, you should be able to come up with some 'external relay logic' to override that ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
The fog lights for the SR are sold by Nissan Parts Warehouse, but they deactivate the DRL :(
Please clarify because my friend with an SR has already done the Fog Light add-on and his DRL's work just fine. The wiring harness for the Fog Lights is completely separate from the headlights and has no effect on the DRLs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts