The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice now my Nissan Dealer has had to replace the gas tank as the Baffles were not working. This make the cabin sound like a hot tub while driving, stopping or accelerating. It also reads the incorrect level of gas, so you don't know how close you may be to running out of gas on a long trip. On the third trip to the dealer, they said they put gas into another Pathfinder and heard the same sloshing sound. So they admitted to me on the phone and on my repair paperwork that this is the normal sound for Pathfinders. WRONG! When they gave me a loaner Pathfinder to use while they had the vehicle in the shop (For the third time now) I heard no sloshing sounds. Also, I test drove another Pathfinder before buying my 2019 SL, and guess what? NO SLOSHING SOUNDS! They are just trying to avoid having to recognize this as a lemon. So either my car is a lemon, or all Pathfinders are lemons. You decide.

I have an Attorney who would be glad to hear from anyone with a new 2019 or 2020 Pathfinder with sloshing sounds inside the car. Please post what you have experienced about these issues with the gas tank.
Thank you.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,385 Posts
Most test drive cars at dealers around here have about $5 worth of gas in them max...that may not have been enough to generate the Wave Pool aesthetics you get with $50 worth of gas gurgling around in there. I still think you have a very valid complaint FWIW.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,385 Posts
You're not the only one...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts