The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
What was that?!!!
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I previously had a 2014 SV, and the front windows would roll down with the key in the driver door lock or if you held the unlock button on the fob longer than 3 seconds. My 2019 SV does not. However, in the owners manual (yes, I actually went through it) it has instructions on how to roll the windows down with the key located in the driver door lock and with the fob. The key in the driver door lock rolls windows up and down, but the fob does nothing. What is the point of "remote" windows, if they are not remote? I used this feature to vent the windows before remote starting during hot summer days. If I have to rely on the key, there's really no point since I am already at the car. I asked the dealership about it, and they had no idea. I showed them in the owners manual that it is available. Has anyone else run into the same? Does anyone know if it is just a programming thing, or does it require hardware as well? TIA for any help.

Reactions: Mr_Herringbone

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same exact issue with my 2019 SL as you described.

I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs directly and they confirmed that this feature should work on all Altimas. Of course they want me to take it back to the dealer for repair and I'm sure I'm going to get the same answer you did either they won't know or will say that's just the way it is. Haven't had a chance bring it back yet..

But I just wonder if there's some hidden setting in the main menu that somehow toggles this feature on and off just like the "Remote Start" haven't been able to find one

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I just got off the phone with the service manager and was informed that this feature was no longer supported.

·
What was that?!!!
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I just got off the phone with the service manager and was informed that this feature was no longer supported.
Nissan Consumer Affairs says it is supported, and so does the owner's manual. I have purchased 5 vehicles through the same salesman, and he's trying to help get this resolved as well. He thinks it may come out in a TSB and roll out in an update. Latest info I have received.

·
Registered
13 Posts
it's in my 2020 Altima manual and says: Opening windows (if so equipped) The Intelligent Key allows you to simultaneously open windows equipped with automatic operation. ∙ To open the windows, press the button on the Intelligent Key longer than 3 seconds after all doors are unlocked.

I did try it on my 2020 Murano and it worked great. In the Altima, it did not. I have the Platinum.

What a disappointment.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Here in the DFW area you don't want that, they ticket you based on windows part way down, car is easier to steal.........maybe why the feature has disappeared. I'd steal an Altima way before a Murano.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lowering windows via the remote is something you’d almost have to do when the car is in sight. Like as you load groceries or approach in a parking lot. Adds extra cool down time. No one, I would Hope, would steal my car as I load Groceries with the engine off and the windows cracked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts