The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2020 Altima 2.5. In the last month or so, the foam began to stick out on the right and left sides of the dashboard where the dashboard meets the windshield. I attached some photos of the issue. The car is going to the dealer's service service department tomorrow morning. Hope it's a warranty issue and can be addressed as such. Any thoughts?

Thank you.
Vlad

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2019 Altima SR. Took it to the dealership and had it taken care of. Apparently it is a common issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine does this too and they have fixed it once. Why would it happen again and again?

·
Registered
38 Posts
My wife’s 2018 rogue did that, although not to that extent. I took a credit card and pushed it back down and all was well. My dealers 45 miles away and I wasn’t about to have them pull the usual “could not duplicate” lol run around that they’re so famous for. If mine was like that I’d definitely make the trip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had the same issue on my 20 Altima. Just stuffed it back in but maybe the dealers have a redesigned part they can replace it with under warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine does this too and they have fixed it once. Why would it happen again and again?
Because they didn’t fix it properly!

Probably they used a paint stir and just tucked it inside!
Use an adhesive or a safe glue (water soluble like school glue) and fix it yourself permanently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts