The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of a second hand 2020 Altima S with 15,000 miles. Still finding little issues with the car, first one being not a lot of information out there on do it yourself things.

Currently I am wondering if I am the only one that is experiencing sagging seats. After about 5 minutes of driving, I feel the front frame of the seat in the back of my thighs. Now granted, I'm a heavy guy at 290 lbs so I'm going to obviously way down the cushion more than others.

I have played with a few adjustments of the seat and while some are better than others, in the end I can still feel the seat frame.

I might get used to it to be honest but right now it's really distracting.

Are there better seats in the higher trim models where I want to keep an eye out for say platinum trim seats?

·
Registered
6 Posts
From what I can find from the dealer is that the seats don’t differ between trim models. I have a 2020 Nissan Altima SR AWD and it does get a bit uncomfortable for me during long rides. I have seen aftermarket seat covers with padding that might improve your situation.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
New owner of a second hand 2020 Altima S with 15,000 miles. Still finding little issues with the car, first one being not a lot of information out there on do it yourself things.

Currently I am wondering if I am the only one that is experiencing sagging seats. After about 5 minutes of driving, I feel the front frame of the seat in the back of my thighs. Now granted, I'm a heavy guy at 290 lbs so I'm going to obviously way down the cushion more than others.

I have played with a few adjustments of the seat and while some are better than others, in the end I can still feel the seat frame.

I might get used to it to be honest but right now it's really distracting.

Are there better seats in the higher trim models where I want to keep an eye out for say platinum trim seats?
Find a local, or not so local, automotive upholstery shop and see if they can modify your seat by adding springs and/or padding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pulled the seat to take a look at the springs and general construction of the seat. Springs and everything were in good shape. Turns out it is the metal frame where my thighs are resting against. Just not much R&D into the seat design I guess.

I do have a friend with an upholstery shop that is going to work in some extra foam to get the butt of the seat higher and over the front so as to not put as much pressure on the back of my thighs. Busy guy so nothing till first week of September.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have about a week of seat time after getting firmer foam added to the seat; World of difference. I don't sink as deep and a bit firmer feeling. Doesn't look different either compared to the passenger seat.

Would recommend if you feel your seat is saggy and you have a good upholstery shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts